Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, bare with me, I heard of these PSX-exes but I don't think they are what I think they are. Please be-aware this discussion is not too illegal, it's not exactly game modding, but harnessing it, if possible. I want to make FF9 execute, I have no knowledge of C++ so this might(highly):heh: not lift off the ground. If we take an open-source emulator and just core it down to a basic executable that will run the ff9 ripped isos, and create a seperate options file (so we are styling like ff7 and 8 for PC).

What does anyone think?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Cant be done.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
so in other words, you'd make a specific frontend for FF9?

it's highly possible.

there are frontends already, like Delta, epsxecutor.

all you'd have to do is make a frontend that "preselects" FF9. you dont need an open source emulator even. you'd just make a frontend that automatically uses ePSXe 1.5.2 and automatically configures the plugins for FF9 and automatically launches the ISO if you stick it in the folder.

it's pretty....worthless though. FF9 is already on PC. it's impossible to make an "FF9 PC" version at home, if you're thinking about the FF7 and 8 PC versions. but to make a customized FF9 frontend is more than possible...but worthless.

worthless because you can just use any existing frontend to run FF9. you dont even need a frontend. all a normal frontend does is decrease the steps you take to get to the solution, or at least make the steps different. your project would make FF9 a one stop destination. so what do you save? literally two minutes of configuring your plugins?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I missed something...
FF9 on PC!?
FF9+PC!?
When did that happen!?

YOu sure!?

Really!!!!?

No, really, tell me where?

It's not that ffonline hoax is it?

Please post soon as possible, and were can I buy it!?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
no ff9 is not on pc, but what ffonline hoax?! oO

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Some years ago there has been an FF9pc april fool ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Erm he made the first post of this thread :p

·
Registered
654 Posts
Even were you to succeed in making a self-contained single-click-launch version of emulated PSX FF9, it would be unlawful to distribute it.

For your own use, you can get pretty close to a single-click-launch of your own ripped ISOs by using a combo of ePSXe and ePSXeCutor and the Windows shortcuts it can create. The only snag is that because it's a multi-disk game, you're going to have to have the ePSXe GUI up to be able to switch ISOs.

Dan

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
well if you had the programming knowledge thats needed and just the skill to work on games (plus having to be able to get into the insides of ff9) it very much possible to make your own ff9 for pc, it take a long long time wot get working in any way but its not "impossible" just very unlikely and like mentioned, probably not very legal to distribute in any way :/

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Erm he made the first post of this thread :p
i guess that's kind of what i meant, ah well, i dont even know why i bother sometimes...

Even were you to succeed in making a self-contained single-click-launch version of emulated PSX FF9, it would be unlawful to distribute it.
it'd be illegal to distribute the ISOs. but you could freely distribute this "FF9 frontend" as much as you wanted to. i already described fully what it would be. it'd be like a trimmed down version of Delta or other frontend, all you do is add your own ISO and poof.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
If you have so much spare time on your hand that you are willing to invent the wheel a second time, why not make a DC version? :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
If you have so much spare time on your hand that you are willing to invent the wheel a second time, why not make a DC version? :p
because not everyone rubs their pooties to the DC like you do :p plus wasnt there supposed to be an FF9 for bleemcast? or something...

mogster: i think the question i want to ask is....why? why make a specialized frontend when there are already multipurpose frontends that do what you want and more? you can configure other frontends to be nothing more than a desktop shortcut double click away from beginning a game, which is what you want to do...but make it smaller? oO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.