Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have FF IX for epsxe v1.5.2.. when I: >run cdrom, all I get is a black screen.
I get these errors:

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.5.2.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [bios\SCPH1001.BIN].
* Init Core W9x cdrom ... ok
* Cdrom gettrackinfo error.
* NTSC cdrom detected.
* Warning: cdrom read mode unknown.
* Doing init gpu[0]...
* Gpu open[0]...
* Direct input init ok.
* Doing spu init...
* Spu open...
* Error reading CD: 0,2,16
* Error reading CD: 0,2,0

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Try running the game on 1.6.0 and try using a different CDVD plugin. That may help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coolsvilleman said:
Try running the game on 1.6.0 and try using a different CDVD plugin. That may help.
are u sure, because I've seen already that 1.6.0 causes many problems for FF IX

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
Well he might try it.... But FF IX seems to run better at v1.52 for most ppl.

But seeing you get reading errors try:

1. Cleaning your disc and check for scratches
2. Try making an ISO at low speed with Clone Cd or something and use Mooby's image driver.
3. Try a different cd plugin.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
:nono: no!! definitely do NOT use 1.6.0 for FF9, you WILL experience problems, trust me, i played the entire game through on 1.6.0 just to find the bugs. there are a few bugs you will DEFINITELY get and a lot that you will "probably" get ;)

what OS are you on?

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well I played the whole game with 1.6.0 and I didn't find many bugs at all. Guess it depends on system and plugins.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
Well I played the whole game with 1.6.0 and I didn't find many bugs at all. Guess it depends on system and plugins.
oO you passed Dali on disc 1? alexandria on disc 3? the lifa tree FMV on disc 4? you passed all those smoothly without doing anything? those are the three places you will DEFINITELY get fecked up at, i've never heard of anyone surviving those intact on 1.6.0.

i heard that you can use F7 (the xenogears special fix button) to pass these parts with 1.6.0 but i've never tried it myself.

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
TNT2NVIDIA?? Isn't that an old video card? Maybe u have to disable filtering (specially the 2xsal, wich is slow on most cards) and if its still slow, try to lower the colour depth to 16 bit.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
heh, the point of having the ISO is to run it off the HDD for faster access times. so, run it off the HDD ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hushypushy said:
heh, the point of having the ISO is to run it off the HDD for faster access times. so, run it off the HDD ;)
It's much better running from HD. I have still some interruptions, both with sound and video. Do I need to change sound, or video, or both, cd-pugin?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well since you are running an ISO, the CD plugin is not in use, so don't worry about that. for sound, you can use Eternal Lite, it's less demanding on the CPU. lastly, press Delete in game and see what your FPS is. it should be 59.9 (NTSC) or 50 (PAL) during the entire game. if it dips down, well, there are your slowdowns, and you're going to have to lower some settings to get it to work.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts