Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am running on ePSXe 1.5.2 with the configurations that i found on that guys thread for FF9 and Chrono Cross. And everything is perfect, perfect battles, perfect layout, everythign works great EXCEPT for the FMV sequences, anytime they get big especially the beginning scene where you are being attacked as you leave from Alexandria to FMV where Alexandria turns into Alexander and all that Jazz, it gets so choppy, heck i dont know what to call it but it just gets real jittery and choppy and the sound gets real choppy and sounds like a drum roll. It gets to the point where I cant listen to it because its so agravating.

Im running on a Windows XP.

Nvidia GeForce 6800
AMD Opteron Processor 248
2 Gig of ram

I cant imagine why the FMVs would run slow with that kind of computer, can anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong?

-Gsccc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, yes I am running from the original disks, which are quite scratched up. Though I never thought that would attribute to slow fmv's but its something to try. Should i use Alchohol 120% or DemonTools?

-Gsccc

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
you can try changing your CD plugin, i had choppy FMVs when i used Sapu's, but a switch to a properly configured Peops CDR plugin worked wonders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I tried making a rom, it took 9 hours and it just comes up black... I aslo have P.E.O.P.'s CD plug in with all of the configurations im supposed to have but i have absolutelly no luck getting these darn FMV's to work, I hear that one plugin somewhere had a FF9 Movie Fix option but I dont know what plugin it was or even what the plugin was for. Are you sure the problem is having the CD in there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Okay I did it with CloneCD and it went a lot faster but still no screen, just black. Im running out of options here :(... I really dont want to buy another FF9 just to find out that there was an alternative to making an ISO of the CD. Any other Ideas?

BTW: Appreciate the help so far guys, thank you.

EDIT: SILLY ME!! I loaded the wrong ISO when i booted up epsxe, now i got it working and the fmv's are flawless, THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

~Gsccc

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
he already said that FMVs are flawless, so i would assume that he already has sound playing, so why would you suggest to him that he enable sound?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.