Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using ePSXe 1.7.0 and when running FFIX from a CD image I get "SPEC Opcode 01 UNK (PC 0019d558) (0019d550) (1059,67)"
When running from the original CD it works. I used Daemon Tools to rip the cd. I would prefer to run from the image as it's faster, and I can click change disks instead of risking scratches on the originals. Any help would be appreciated.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what format is the image in and are you mounting it on daemon tools when you want to play it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's a .mds file, and I am mounting it as a virtual CD drive. I have used it for my other FF games without problems. only IX will not run like this. If it helps, it is the Greatist Hits version.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what CDR plugin are you using?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use CDRSapu, its more compatible with images made from scratched disks.

i prefer to mount on alcohol, as DT is a pita.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have used SaPu's CD-Rom Plugin 1.0, and ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

The disks I made the image from were brand new disks. I had purchased the game unopened, and the first thing I did with them was make an image of them. The disks work fine in my PS3 and the emu can play the disks directly.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try making an image of them in a different format like .ccd/.img/.sub or .bin/.cue and see if there is any difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Can you recommend a program, preferably freeware, to make the image? Daemon tools only makesa .mds files.

I used Nero to rip to a .nrg and it is working properly.

Thanks to all who assisted.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I have used SaPu's CD-Rom Plugin 1.0, and ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

The disks I made the image from were brand new disks. I had purchased the game unopened, and the first thing I did with them was make an image of them. The disks work fine in my PS3 and the emu can play the disks directly.
Dont use CDr Sapu 1.0 as the plugin has issues with ePSXe 1.7.0 download CDr Sapu 1.3 , you can get it from ===>Here<===

1 - 10 of 10 Posts