Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start writing on this post, let it be known that my copy of FFIX is the retail copy, not pirated, not burned.

Okay... on disc one, when I get to the cutscene where you see the airship take off (right after the Black Waltz #2 battle, and right before the #3 battle) it freezes up on me about halfway through the cutscene. I tried cleaning the disc, it didn't work. I tried making an ISO image, that didn't work. Is there a way to skip the cutscenes in ePSXe? (Sorry if that's a stupid question, i'm kinda new to ePSXe.) Please help me out here!

sorry I didn't clairify this before, but I've tried this in 1.6.0 and 1.5.2 and 1.5.1.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
use ePSXe 1.5.2 and load it off your memory card, then play it.

what did you make the ISO with, by the way?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
yeah but the movies are awesome, it's best to fix the problem so you can watch the cinematics.

·
Banned
234 Posts
well not that i have anything to say to it but watch admiting using cloneCD in here lol not a bad statement but theyve capped discussions for worse.

As far as the FF9 Cutscenes Go i have the same problem from start to finish it doesnt freeze up but it gets choppy and i dunno kind of degrading experience. Ive tried a few thigns cant say its gotten better but Ill keep an eye on the posts we might figure something out together,

PS - Is it freezing up all the way or can u contiune after awhile?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
RainMotorsports said:
well not that i have anything to say to it but watch admiting using cloneCD in here lol not a bad statement but theyve capped discussions for worse.
what on earth are you talking about? there's nothing wrong with CloneCD at all, in fact i highly recommend it for its speed and ease of use...

anywho, have you tried PSXeven?

and i never asked but, what plugins are you using and what are your computer's specs?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
RainMotorsports said:
admiting using cloneCD in here lol not a bad statement but theyve capped discussions for worse.

As far as the FF9 Cutscenes Go i have the same problem from start to finish it doesnt freeze up but it gets choppy and i dunno kind of degrading experience.
Not true. CloneCD is actually a good software to begin with. It creates a 1:1 copy of the CD and BYPASSES the copy protection now available (almost!) on every CD.

I assume that you are running staight from the CD. That would then explain why it gets choppy.

Besides, improve your English! It really difficult for someone to read your posts when you cannot express yourself properly. :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
hey, watch it fireblaster_lyz. don't knock him for having poor english. i've caught many of your mistakes before but not said anything ;) and besides, not everyone is so lucky as we are to have oppurtunities to speak english every day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hushypushy said:
what on earth are you talking about? there's nothing wrong with CloneCD at all, in fact i highly recommend it for its speed and ease of use...

anywho, have you tried PSXeven?

and i never asked but, what plugins are you using and what are your computer's specs?
I'm using the Pete's 3d plugin for video, and the default ePSXe sound for the sound driver. (The ISO is fine, because it worked in PSXeven, but that caused other problems.

I have also tried using PSXeven, which worked, but I got a torrent of other problems with it.

I have a 2.6 Ghz processor, and a 64 MB GeForce 448 Go video card. I use a DVD-ROM drive.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Try switching to Pete's OpenGL plugin for video and either Eternal or P.E.Op.S. for sound. What are your video plugin settings? Are you selecting Run ISO in the File menu, using a virtual CD drive, or Mooby's plugin? Is the original disc scratched up badly?

·
Banned
234 Posts
If you havent recently notcied the company that originally made clonecd is no longer legally able to sell it? And my comment was in to reference to watching words in the forums if it was out of context clone cd looks like piracy although laws allow personal backups.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Correction

Slysoft is not the original creator of CloneCD Elby originally made clone CD and was in a terriotry which now no longer allows it, i have no clue when SLysoft bought the rights to CloneCD but since their not in a terriotory that prevents them to sell it they now sell it. They have a notice that they are not a part of elby but buy the source and dvelop it.

Forgive me I went after the software a few months ago when elby still made the product or still made CloneDVD for that matter

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_cd/
"Trasncript"

New copyright law drives out CloneCD sheep

"Due to the new legal situation we will stop the sales of CloneCD

We would like to take the opportunity to thank our customers for the long loyalty to CloneCD!
We hope that you will also be excited about our future products and remain with the most cordial greetings

Your elby team "

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
hushypushy said:
hey, watch it fireblaster_lyz. don't knock him for having poor english.

i've caught many of your mistakes before but not said anything ;) and besides, not everyone is so lucky as we are to have oppurtunities to speak english every day.
I am not trying to state that he is POOR in English but even so, majority of the members here use English as a primary medium in NGemu forums.

If someone attempts to use another language, it much forgivable as like what you said, 'not everyone is so lucky as we are to have oppurtunities to speak english every day.'

I am a Singaporean, and I admit Singaporeans, including myself make a mistake of using the English language improperly.

Mistakes? I admit I have done wrong, but if I have offended you in any other way, then I apologise.

I hope that you have not misunderstood me.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Well in reference to my English I am American so Im hardly offended. Due to my lack of being able to type and the fact that i tend to not sleep I am a horrible typist and a horrible writer so dont start a discussion over my abilities hehe i suck anyways.

I spent more time building the keyboarding lab then taking the class.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
damn you I-Chan for posting the spanish version, even though i can read it i prefer not to :p anyway i forgot the CloneCD changed hands. RainMotorsports i read that AFTER i responded to your PM so, forgive me.

this thread is way off topic. my apologies to yukari_sensei at this time. while i'd love to talk about language barriers and differences (which are quite interesting to me, being proficient at english and a student of spanish and japanese and also interested in such language barriers..) that's not what the thread is about. same with CloneCD. this is not a language barrier or CloneCD thread. if it persists, i'll close the thread.

let yukari_sensei answer the questions that n_w95482 posed in his last post without having to read through a ton of offtopic crap, eh?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
hushypushy said:
damn you I-Chan for posting the spanish version
:laugh: fixed. I didn't even notice. The funny thing is that i don't notice it either when it's the other way round, sometimes i send some tutorials to friends, and then they say me "..it's in english... i don't understand a word" xD . I just don't pay attention to the difference unless i have a problem understanding any part, so many times i don't remember later if something was EN or ES :p . Anyway, you are right. This is way offotpic now, sorry for deviating from the original purpose.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts