Next Generation Emulation banner

Final Fantasy IX CD 3 problem.

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Phil 
#1 ·
Hello. I'm having an issue with Final Fantasy IX CD 3.

Running epsxe 1.70
I have the graphics set correctly, I'm having no issue there.

I can go through CD 3 with no issues up untill the point where I get Kuja's palace.

My game doesn't crash when I encounter Thundaga or Water spells like most poeple.

My problem is that on the FINAL candle that must be lit (The one that triggers the boss) the exlamation point does NOT show up, and I'm unable to trigger the fight.

I've tried MULTIPLE .iso's to no avail. I DO use savestates, however, even if I load the game at the kupo save point before, I'm uable to see the "!" that SHOULD pop above my head when I try to activate the scene.

Please help, I've tried everything.

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah it doesnt sound like something that the emulator itself would cause, you must be missing something.

#6 ·
Spot on Squall-Leonhart

Ah, well, I suppose I should have listened to everyone's advice before I continued. No more than a few hours after posting this (Having this issue for weeks now) I decided to go home and try it. Sure enough, Squall-Leonhart was correct, I had missed a candle. I even watched the video o_O

Ok, thank you guys very very much :)

(FFVIII May be my favourite Final Fantasy ;P)

#8 ·
Being wrong didn't get me the position of commander.... wait....
Convict ID:54616.... when did that happen...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.