Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In game, the graphics are a bit messed up with my config and I don't know what to exactly do to fix it up. Some tiles, in game are black when they shouldn't be, and when I enter Baron(so far) I only see what could be 'sand' instead of water in the moat at the enterance. I thought there should be water there? Also, with Iori's and any other spu I've tried so far, the music lags behind, causing to game to freeze for 3 seconds or more, trying to load the music. I tried it through cd, and through iso, and I get the same problems, I then tried VGS with this game and the problems are the same. It's just this game too. Every other game I have that I use with epsxe I can get working fine. Well, if it will help, here's the gpu plugin config I'm using now:

Note: Before saying anything about video drivers, I'm using the 21.81 official Detonator drivers that are now currently on Nvidia's site.

Pete's OpenGL 1.52
800x600 resolution at 16-bit colors, fullscreen mode
Texture quality: R8 G8 B8 A8
Filtering: Extended
Caching Type: Dynamic
Use FPS limit enabled with limit set at 100 (I also tried at 75, results same)
Off screen drawing: Extended
Framebuffer Textures: Gfx Card buffer
Alpha MultiPass, Mask bit, and Advanced Blending enabled

With Iori's spu, I left everything alone (default)

·
Trans-Am Mode
998 Posts
i suggest using pete's soft gpu.

my config:

Plugin: Pete's Soft Driver 1.1.52
Author: Pete Bernert

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000040]

btw, i stretched it to full window size

the game is not intended to be 3d btw.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No luck.

Ok, just tried it, but I am still getting the glitches. I'd try the game on a real psx, but I don't got one at the moment (soon to have a ps2 :) ). So, my guess is that the game cd is bad?

ChronoTrigger seems fine so far though

I just thought of something. Didn't the first batch of cds of this game ended up bad somehow? I heard something about it before, but can't remember the exact problem. Could it be that I bought one of the bad version of the game?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts