Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay...
Well, I've been searching the internet for quite a while now looking for any solutions to my problem, but none so far have worked. I bought a copy of FFIX today, and am trying to get it to run on my computer. I'm running ePSXe v. 1.52 on windows XP, and the game always starts off fine. Then, when I get to the first fight, it makes the noise that it usually makes when it starts a fight, but it stutters a little, then the screen goes black and freezes up. I've tried all of Pete's graphics drivers, and fiddled with them for a few hours now... I've tried turning off the special swirly effects thing before the fight... I've upgraded my video drivers... I tried running it from an ISO file...
SO far, none of them have worked. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

S

·
0 Posts
did you try and look if someone else posted this problem here before? If you scroll down a bit in the topic list or do a search, you'll notice plenty of FF related topics....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I looked for a while for this problem, both at this message board and the one at Pete's site. None of the problems seemed to be the one that I've got, and none of the solutions seemed to help me any.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
did you configure the pu correctly? FF games need some special fixes. Try eternal with the FF special fix. Also, post your gpu plugin's configs.

·
Banned
13 Posts
hmmmmm

I found when this happens to people its usually one of 4 things. Not a high enough video card, not a fast enough processer, no enough memory, or not configured right. I play it on 1.6.0 where everyone has trouble but it seems to work just fine. hope that helps {edit} oops sorry lol overlooked the cd scratch post. :eyemove:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
This is a discussion forum. While it stays ontopic, and not spamming, it's ok. He also added that que overlooked the scratched cd post.

Just let the staff do their work ;) . I'm closing this before it becomes a totally different discussion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.