Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Well, all of the "normal" Final Fantasy (that is, FF1 through 12, with the exception of 11 I think) games do. But Final Fantasy Tactics has a tactical battle system (still considered a derivative of turn-based though I guess) and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles has a real-time battle system, kinda reminds me of Gauntlet :p

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Actually not all ff games had turn based systems .
FF Legend III for GB had a real time one . FFT and FFTA had a tactical turn based one .

Btw if you hate turn based rpg , FFX-2 may change your mind , even at level 1 the game play is so fast , that u don't have time to think . So it's not much turn based ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
True on the FFX-2, I'm playing thru it right now. It's a mixed turn style. You still have to wait for your characters turn, but it's way faster and non-stop. I can't think of another game to compare it to.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
FFX-2? It's battle system is just like FF8/9, but with the job system.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think the real turn based of Final Fantasy series is only FFX (Which I really hate this :( ). Cause when it's your turn, the enemy will only take action until you have done your command. Unlike FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX2. The enemy uses time bar same as us and will always take action after the bar is full.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I felt the battle system in FFX was better in that it was fast paced without rushing you.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum FF12 is turn based? Thought it had a new system kinda like FFXI

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Don't think anyone mentioned FF12, only FFX-2

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
He did :p

Mako Eyes said:
Well, all of the "normal" Final Fantasy (that is, FF1 through 12, with the exception of 11 I think)

·
Registered
179 Posts
anyone heard of FF: Dawn of Souls? i ran a search of this title and noticed cloud mentioned it a couple months back without detail. apparently, they're rereleasing final fantasies I and II for the game boy. they boast that it'll feature new elements like an enhanced battle system... whatever that means. anyone know any further elements?

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
pretty sure its a wonderswan colour port, like the PSX remake of FF1+2. the "enhanced battle system" is probably just the fact that the game will auto-switch your target instead of attacking the air if a monster dies mid-battle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts