Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just have a quick question: What emulator would be best for playing final fantasy 9 and final fantasy chronicles? I remember a while back when ff9 came out, there was a lot of problems with getting it to run well. has that all been fixed? Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
it depends ,FF chronicles are the same s in snes just with fmv , and ff ix is a new games just for psx !!!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
in general ePSXe is the best emu for all the psx games (except PE2 :D ), so everytime u have a question like this i might wanna try epsxe first

good morning metalmurphy

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
morning?????? i just eat so it's afternoon if u may!!!!!!! :p :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey metalmurphy..

how fast is your computer?? cause it may run really well on a quick computer but, mine is pretty slow right now :eyes: (266 pentium 2) Do you think it will run fine?

S

·
0 Posts
FF IX and FF Chronicles run excellently w/ePSXe 1.04. Many people have beaten FF IX on ePSXEe and not experienced any problems at all. Some have had a few problems, it all depends on your system. FF Chronicles plays very nicely, but FF 4 does have a small grphics glitch which, hopefully, will be resolved w/a new version of ePSXe or new GPU plugins. But the glitch does not prevent you from playing and enjoying the game. Also w/some SPUs the battle music plays awful fast, but with some experimenting, you can find one that works. I have had no problems, graphics or other wise, w/Chrono Trigger. There was a problem w/the last note of certain musics staying on, but using Iori's SPU vers. 1.46 fixed this. Don't let people mislead you about Chrono Trigger. It is not exactally the same as the SNES version. There are several new tie ins to connect it to Chrono Cross and some new endings have been added.
Your system is a bit slow for use w/ePSXe, but w/a little bit of work you should be able to play both games satisfactorally. Give them a try, I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
if u disable the sound and put "fast" config on Pete's D3d it might work acceptable.
its just a bit of effort, like sxamiga said

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great...

Great! thanks guys.. now if you can just point me in the right direction as to what plugins i should use and where to get them, it would be awesome.. Thanks again, you were of great help!:D

S

·
0 Posts
Okay, to get everything you need just go to www.psxemu.com (the main page of these boards) and go to emulators on the main bar. Click on it and from there you will be able to download ePSXe w/everything you need. This contains the latest plugins as well as all the read me files. If you download the complete package, you should be all set. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Hoyoyo80, in the immortal words of Charlie Brown, "Oh Good Grief!!!":D Great reply, ten points for you.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
sxamiga , i noticed u have a new avatar, although i can't fugure out what it is... could u help me here? :p

S

·
0 Posts
I'll be glad to Metalmurphy. My avatar is the Minotaur from Gauntlet Legends. He is one of the secret characters and corresponds to the warrior, but is much more powerful. I decided to use him because he is one of my favorite game characters.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 20 of 31 Posts