Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really loved FF 9 the story was EXCEPTIONAL, and most of all battle was fun, you had many skills/spells. And the spells or summons were FREAKING awesome. (similiar to golden sun summons, which are freaking awesome too)

Example:
YouTube - Final Fantasy 9 Eidolons - Atomos

Now i played a but FF 12 i believe op emulator? but i didn't have the heart to go trough all the story didn't seem too good to me in begin.

Now you guys being Final Fantasy experts and all, and there are so many Final Fantasy's.

Which other Final Fantasy from on 9 are like this? With this many awesome summons? :D

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
Final fantasy x summon in xii sucks

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
i prefered vi summons myself.

1,834 Posts
final fantasy X for me

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Final Fantasy 2, 4, and 6 are like FF9

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL man what's up every just calls a different FF... till every FF is called.

-.- how is that supposed to help me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
FFIV is the one that most closely resembles FFIX as a game as a whole.

However it was an Snes game so if what you liked about IX were the cool summons and visually amazing spells and movies than you'll be disappointed as the game is graphically very "ugly" by today's standard.

I've heard the 3D DS remake of it is visually better but I haven't played it myself so I can't say.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Final Fantasy V was the one that reminded me the most of it with it's world and feel and characters, with Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy VI following. That's about it, but the real answer is, none of the others are closely similar. Besides the first three, they're all different from one another.

P.S. I'm referring to their real and original names, not the renames Nintendo took the liberty to give them in the U.S., so if you're in the US, these would be called Final Fantasy II (IV), Final Fantasy III (VI), and Final Fantasy V.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Funny you should mention FF V Zedeck, because im playing it right now.....the Job system is very addicting

The best summons? FFIX had the best spell effects ts by far...the best summons go to FFX.

FF12 has the worst summons out of ANY game.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
WORST FF Ever... nah only joking, that title belongs to FFXI. (when not considering the GBA ports of 4/6)

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
While they didn't last long in battle, they did do their share of damage. I don't remember much of FFX, but I do remember using them often.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Final Fantasy V was the one that reminded me the most of it with it's world and feel and characters, with Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy VI following. That's about it, but the real answer is, none of the others are closely similar. Besides the first three, they're all different from one another.

P.S. I'm referring to their real and original names, not the renames Nintendo took the liberty to give them in the U.S., so if you're in the US, these would be called Final Fantasy II (IV), Final Fantasy III (VI), and Final Fantasy V.
I think Final Fantasy 4 resembles 9 quite a bit more, mainly because of the fixed jobs, which you had to work around and get along, or fail horribly. The original version of the game definitely ain't easy to play! Though I should really start playing it again, it's a great game.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Well, that could also be said of the first three. The first six were all medieval in theme, so you could probably pitch any of them relatively easy due to that, since the world plays a big part in a game's feel, but I think Final Fantasy V "felt" most like it with the world and characters. The battle system may not have been the same where your characters have fixed classes, but that's simply one aspect (and at least it's not the opposite where your characters can do anything and everything at once).

As I said though, really, no other game is quite like it. I know what chrisssj2 is asking, and that's for another game that's very similar to Final Fantasy IX so they can get a similar feel and experience as with it. Sadly, it won't happen. However, I think the closest in feel would be Final Fantasy V, even if it itself isn't the same, so that's what I'd recommend. I can't say Final Fantasy IV, let alone Final Fantasy VI, have a similar feel at all. They're both medieval, yes, but they're both too different in the feel of the world due to the storyline and such.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I still haven't used half of the summons in XII.
The summons in X were nice.......until your characters get stronger then them.

Thats not possible in the case of Yojimbo and Anima.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts