Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
.: |The Seventh Seal | :.
99 Posts
y not just use the "Ctrl+H" function during the game for the value search function? i found it easiest that way... then u just enter wutever value u want in decimal format

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
using the ctrl h editing is troublesome because it is reset after each battle, even if you try freezing the value it will reset, and I updated my plugins, it works with only the first line of code but not the second and it still gives me an off number

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
for the plugins i'm now using the US bios, pec GPU with Pete's OpenGL 1.71, P.E. Op. S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9, epsxe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2, then my gamepad for the controller

·
Registered
152 Posts
Update your GPU god damnit.. OpenGL 1.75 is out. If that still doesn't work and you just can't get pec to work, just fight and rest by a town with the fps limit off, using a petes soft gpu temporarily (or another which is light). I got fps of 500, and got through some boring levelling up damn quickly.

I think there's also another cheat plugin or something similar for psx emus. Not sure though. Might be confused with another console emu

Also, you can try using another emu, like VGS to run that bit temporarily (uses a different method of code application i think), or you could get the codes from another source. Try codejunkies, gameshark, or gscentral. Gscentral has craploads of FF7 codes, and was the only one with affection modifiers, and loads of funky codes, if you don't really want to cheat, but get more out of the game (like me, although i usually cheat like hell)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
hey, don' ask me why pete's openGL package gave me 2 different things at different times, anyways, pec never actually stopped working, just moded wrong so yea, the 1.75 worked and pec runs on the numbers i gave it, so thanks dutchmasta

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well, sometimes even the simplest things work, still cant figure why, but who cares
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah, didn't mean to steal the credit, just that he seemed to miss both your attempts, so I just tried to stress that that may be the problem. Third time lucky eh?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well if they dont get it the first time, you gotta keep asking, someone has to do that job :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
alright, what happened is that I did go to the plugin area and downloaded pete's 3 in 1 plugin pack and put it in my plugin folder and I thought that it had taken so I listed what I was using after going thru and setting epsxe up again but apparently it didn't transfer the plugins or something because the second time, after dutchmasta said to update, it copied the plugins to the folder, also I had tried taking the plugin that fireblaster_lyz has on his post which is pete's opengl plugin 2.4 or something and that just made the emu totally slow like 15 fps at max speed and frame skipping

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
ya well, i did, and like i said, it ran at about 15 fps, and then i looked at your specs compared to mine, 1.5 ghz, nVida GeForce 200, 256 Mb ram, yea, didnt stick with it long

21 - 36 of 36 Posts