Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm playing FFVII on epsxe 1.6.0 and i'm also using pec to get an exp boost but when I tell it to give me say 1 exp it gives me 65537 exp or I tell it 200 it gives me 3276850 and jumps me straight to level 99 also-only on the 200 deal, I'm using the codes that are on cmgsccc.com so why is it messing up, I've run the game for a while without a problem going on at all, any clue?
oO oO oO
:rant: :rant: :rant:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
if you are looking to get an experience boost, why are you only looking to have 1 or 200 XP? what's the problem? oO

anyway, to get the codes to work you're going to have to do it in hexadecimal (instead of 0-9 it's 0-F)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the code for exp into the pec and set it to ask for a value when sending to the emulator, it has the option to input in hex or dec, then it converts it, I think its easier to input in decimal so I do, I put in the value 200, it converts it, and sticks it into the game, the thing is when I put in 200 it gives me 3276850 xp instead of 200 so I reset the emu and put in 1 xp to send and it gave me 65537 instead, I have been playing this game for some time now and havn't had any problems, and I know the code is good because I've used it before too.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
have you tried ePSXe 1.5.2 or PSXeven? maybe it's just an emulator glitch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think so, the code has worked before which is really confusing me, I've been playing with it and it seems to multiply the value instead of adding it. I put in 1 and it gives me 65537, I put in 64-100 decimal and it gives me 6553700, put in 500 dec and I get 3276850, but like I said, I got the code from cmgccc and it has worked before perfectly, on 1.6.0

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now for the really strange part, I went back into the pec code list file and got rid of the second line of code
8009D7D8 ????
8009D7DA ????
becomes
8009D7D8 ???? for the exp and input 1f4-500 dec and i get 510 exp, same deal went for the ap code
8009D7DC ????
8009D7DE ????
became
8009D7DC ????, put in 1f4, get 572 ap, any clues,

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Hmmm...I am pretty unsure. Are you using hexadecimal values? I think you are using decimal values and therefore causing a 1 to be 65537.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
actually IIRC, "FFFF" = 65535. i dont know why 65537, nor why 1 is there.

btw, 1 in hexadecimal is 1 in decimal (our normal counting system).

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Anyway, you should play FF7 on epsxe 1.5.2, or you could experience bugs on certain fmv's.

·
.: |The Seventh Seal | :.
99 Posts
RPGmind said:
now for the really strange part, I went back into the pec code list file and got rid of the second line of code
8009D7D8 ????
8009D7DA ????
becomes
8009D7D8 ???? for the exp and input 1f4-500 dec and i get 510 exp, same deal went for the ap code
8009D7DC ????
8009D7DE ????
became
8009D7DC ????, put in 1f4, get 572 ap, any clues,
actually... if u just go to windows calculator under start > programs > accessories > calculator, u can convert decimals (our normal values) into hexadecimals (the code required for cheats). under VIEW SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR, make sure "dec" is selected at the top left, type in the required value, and just select "hex" n the value shud be converted into hexadecimal. Then just enter this value into ur cheat..

however... i wudn't recommend u to rely on cheat too much... it takes out all da fun of the game.... =P

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright, to clear up the hex decimal deal, when you set up the pec to ask for a value it gives you the option to input in either hex or decimal, I tried both, same result both times

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that cold, only trying to use to to get to like level 15 or so so I don't die in Midgar! and reinstallin didn't work
:cuss2: :cuss2: :cuss2:
:eyespin: :eyespin: :eyespin:

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
What I meant is the selection of [pec] in the CONFIG ---> VIDEO in ePSXe.
Besides, the refresh rate set to the extreme left.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in the config video plugin window it says psx emulation cheater 2.5 configured to run off of Pete's OpenGL driver 1.71 and extreme left refresh(max)
you want the spec for the OpenGL driver

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fullscreen mode desktop resolution 1024x768 16bit
textures-driver default and zero for rest
framerate-show fps at startup, use fps limit, use frame skipping, fps limit 100
off screen drawing level 3, zero on rest
alpha mulitpass
disable screensaver
special game fixes- adjust framebuffer access, direct framebuffer updates, remove blue glitches, G4 polygon cache

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Activate [pec] and launch the game from there.
Be sure to create your own cheats and activate them before launching.

EDIT: Update your GPU. It's outdated. You can get a newer version at www.ngemu.com via the Downloads section.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts