Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with cd2 of this. (FF3 US) The game runs 100% perfect for me with sound and graphics, way better then on the console imo. The only problem im having is i cant load any saved games from memory cards and i want to use the special features with my saved game. Any ideas?

Im using epsxe 1.6.0 also tryed 1.5.2.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Are you sure you've been saving on the memory card instead of saved state? Does the "memory card" work with other games properly?
- Modem

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to only be an issue with this game. i can load/save states just fine and the memory card will load every other game perfectly. Just with this game, i select which slot i want to load from it says loading then it says "failed to load...". Ive tryed making several differnt saved games and made a new game to try even.

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for upping my post before i get a response. I was just wondering also if this problem could be fixed using another emulator. If so, any recommendations? Also i notice other emus have different file extensions for there memory card files. Could that be a conflict for certain games? ( are they structured differently? ) Also, CD1 on Anthology works perfectly with the memory cards. I can load/save states and load/save with the memory card.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
PSXeven and PCSX are good ones if you want to use another emulator.

PS. there's an Edit button to add stuff to old posts ;)

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm well that sucks... tryed every emu on ngemu.com all fail to load ffa cd2 games lol.. i even started a new game every time and went to the first save point :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm having a similar problem. I can save fine with FFVI using ePSXe 1.5.2, but it can't detect the save for loading bonus content. The only option of the three which works is "I want to see it without loading data."

Also, FFVI in ePSXe 1.6 won't respond to the controller. I can press a button to skip the cinematic, and that is it. Nothing works to get past the title screen.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
have you tried pressing F5 in 1.6.0? Anyway, it works better on 1.5.2

·
Registered
144 Posts
I did try F5 now, but it didn't do anything. Though I should mention that I don't know what F5 does, so I'm not certain what I should be looking for. The controller input problem didn't change at all, so I'm guessing that doesn't help.

I'm not certain what the difference is between 1.6 and 1.5.2 (other than the fact that the controls work on one and not on the other) to say which is better, but it would be nice to be able to view the bonus content from a saved game. And since I use 1.6 for everything, it's mildly annoying to switch to an outdated version which I keep solely for this game.

I suppose I should note a couple things I've noticed involving save states. I have two taken from 1.5.2. One is at the menu screen immediately following the title screen (makes sense, right?) and another during the game (specifically, during Sabin's story just after the encampment). Loading the one at the menu screen, the controls remain unresponsive. Loading the in-game one, however, they work fine until after one battle. Then they're locked, with Sabin standing wherever on the map and unable to move or do anything.

Just thought I'd mention that here for search purposes, or anyone interested.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
F5 emulates the little analog button on dual shock pads. There are some games (eg FFA )which can't detect pads if they are in dual shock mode on a real psx and need anaolge switch off on the pad to run. Epsxe is no different.

WRT FFA, it doesn't work on 1.6. The code for pads was rewritten during the development of 1.6, as most of it was lost due to a hard disk failure. I can only assume that something is now missing which FFA requires.

Finally WRT the memcards, I had a similar problem on FF6/1.5.2 myself. The only way I could get around it was:

1. Create a new blank UNFORMATTED memory card using the memcard editor of your choice.
2. Select this card in epsxe
3. run the game
4. start a new game
5. proceed to the first save point and save
6. exit and try to reload. It should work.

I have no idea why, though, but it seems FFA is very picky about the way the cards are formatted. This method means that the game itself formats the card, which seems to work. Also you should be now able to copy the saves from the other "corrupt" card onto the new card via a memcard tool and it should work again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So far it's not working for me, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I start memmanager.exe and clicked New, and entered the filename epsxe000.mcr which created the file.

I loaded up ePSXe 1.5.2 with the second Anthology disk, started a new game and saved at the first save point.

I restarted ePSXe, ran Anthology disk 2, then attempted to load the bonus data from that same save and I still get the same in-game error.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts