Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have searched the forum quite a bit and havent found anything similar to the problem i am having (maybe i havent looked hard enough, if sombody could point me in the right direction)

Anyway my problem is simple, once i am on the world map on disc 1, after you get out of the evil forest, i can walk around fine, but all of a sudden my keys stop working (i.e can't go to the menu etc: ) and my first random battle the game just freezes. Sometimes i can make it to the next place (i think it is a ice cavern or somthing) without getting into a random battle but it freezes when i go inside (i dont actually get inside, it freezes on transition from the world map to the location). I have tried epsxe 1.6, 1.52 , as i heard ff9 has troubles with 1.6. I am currently using Petes opengl plugin,

http://www.emule-help.com/ff9videosettings1.jpg
http://www.emule-help.com/videosettings2ff9.jpg

I pretty much copied these settings as i heard they were decent. My system is a Athlon XP 1800, 512Ram, ATI Radon 8500. Running Windows XP.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated haha,

thanks alot :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
1. you dont need odd/even bit hack
2. turn down texture filtering, perhaps to 4.
3. always use ePSXe 1.5.2.

are you playing off a CD or ISO?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi hushy,

i gave that a go, still having some troubles. i actually found that after being idle on the world map for like 15 seconds it freezes also, and still buttons like menu etc: still dont work, really wierd !

i am playing off cd, that i created from a .CDI file, i converted to .BIN with a cue file and burnt to CD with nero. i actually i have the game but missing disc 1, hence dl/ed it.

thanks for the suggestions, im sure ill be better off now anyway should i get this issue fix. would it have anything to do with save states? i am using SS instead of memory card at, and my SS in on the world map (unfortunat;ly i dont have a SS earlier then that)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Very sorry to hear that, but the words "No Tolerance" aren't in the [rules]rules[/rules] for nothing. Warez are ilegal and unsupported on these forums. This is your first warning. Closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.