Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, sorry if this isn't the right place for this question.
I've been doing a Let's Play of Final Fantasy 9 over on the Penny-Arcade forums and ran into a bit of trouble. I've been playing it on EPSXE and took a break for a bit and then my computer ran into some problems. Long story short, the drive I kept my save files on was corrupted. Now, FF9 is probably one of my favorites, but I had about 38 hours or so (I just received the Hilde Garde 3 airship) and I would rather not play through it again. Is there a way to edit save files?
Specifically, I need to edit the names, and if I can edit the levels and gil and whatnot, that'd be great too.
(also, if anyone have a save file for FF9 around the time you gain control of the airship, that'd be great too)

·
Registered
16 Posts
i know there's tuto to crack FFX saves in order to choose your number of gil, you do this with a hexadecimal editor, FFIX should be the same. Google is your friend but don't expect to find a program that'll do it for you that easily.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm currently playing FF7 on the eSPXe 1.5.2 emulator, and in order to hack the save file, what I used was psx emulation cheater, or PEC for short.

Note, I have PEC in the plugin's folder for eSPXe.

Its rather simple to use, once you figure it out. What you have to do is load the eSPXe emulator up first and have a save file, even if its at the first save point. Next, what you do is going into PEC, find FF9, and click on it.

In the little menu area on the top right of PEC, you will see some option, simply tick the "Infinite money" box. Than, on the bottom left, click "Send Cheats to Plugin" it will than give you direction to go into the emulator, go to video, and select PEC to be your video driver thing. Than, restart eSPXe, and voila. Infinite money!

It may be a little more difficult than this, however, I believe this method should work... if anything, I tried to help ^^

Happy gaming!

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I thought I had a folder with miscellaneous memory card backups for ePSXe (why can't it do what PCSX2 does and select any two named memory cards so you can label them numbered one through whatever number instead of renaming them, risk overwriting them, etc.?), but it appears I don't have any of my save backups except for the memory cards in the ePSXe folder itself. I should have had many saves of that game, but I seem to have to lost them. I don't really care, since I was replaying through it and haven't played it in a while (which is rare for me, as I hardly go about half a year without playing through that game), so I'll likely restart, again, anyway. In fact, I think I remember intentionally deleting the backups for that reason. I was playing through again and had so many useless old ones I didn't need. Oh well.

The closest save I have right now is titled the beginning of disc three, and I know Lindblum and getting the airship isn't terribly far into it from that point. I have that if you want it. As far as I know, all characters should have their default names (except for "Dagger", who I choose to keep named Garnet).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently playing FF7 on the eSPXe 1.5.2 emulator, and in order to hack the save file, what I used was psx emulation cheater, or PEC for short.

Note, I have PEC in the plugin's folder for eSPXe.

Its rather simple to use, once you figure it out. What you have to do is load the eSPXe emulator up first and have a save file, even if its at the first save point. Next, what you do is going into PEC, find FF9, and click on it.

In the little menu area on the top right of PEC, you will see some option, simply tick the "Infinite money" box. Than, on the bottom left, click "Send Cheats to Plugin" it will than give you direction to go into the emulator, go to video, and select PEC to be your video driver thing. Than, restart eSPXe, and voila. Infinite money!

It may be a little more difficult than this, however, I believe this method should work... if anything, I tried to help ^^

Happy gaming!
Infinite money was something I was actually trying to avoid. :D Most save files I've seen come with maxed out gil, and I wanted to avoid that. Does that program allow you to change the names? Because that's the big thing.
I should probably just start over at this point. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.