Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have a problem at Final Fantasy 9, CD 3. Instead of a fmv sequence (Bahamut at Alexandria) the screen remains black.

I use epsxe 1.70 with video plugin "Pete's OpenGL Driver 2.9", sound plugin "P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9" and CDrom plugin "P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4".

My PC fits the requirements well. Other fmv sequences worked without problems.

I'm looking forward to helpful answers, thanks in advance!

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Search harder,

since im feeling nice right now, use CDR Sapu instead.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply but it does not work. I play without the original CDs. Is it possible to skip or disable the FMV Sequence? Do you need further information about the configuration of the plugins?

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
I think this might be a problem with your *cough*pirated*cough* ISO--I've seen this problem before. If you're not using save states and it doesn't work in another emulator, then you're SOL. You'll need the CD to either play off of, or to make a new ISO.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
make an image of them and see if the problem goes away.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Then you fail at reading the stickies.

· Registered
1 Posts
i am new to this and i only play on ps2 and my ff9 goes black right after loading the 3rd disc i have tried for years to get this far i am not very good at games but i love them and i would really love it if someone could tell me what to do bc i have no clue

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Like said above, rip your own disks.

· Registered
3 Posts
after looking at one of the posts by redlion:

"I don't think this is possible to skip CG cutscenes. "

it is indeed possible with ff9. simply eject/close tray :D
with images, use the eject/close tray hotkey (if it does exist at all...)

as for the scene that this occurs. when it comes to disc 3, it's always that movie that causes problems, even with most pirated CD burns.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.