Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first of I would like to say hello to every one out there for this is in fact my first post ever! so umm hi.

But anyway I was playing ff9(Uk Pal version) last nigt in epxse (using an iso) and found out that whenever the blue magic poison was cast the emulator dropped out. I thought getting the ppf might help but for some reason whenever I clicked on any ppf on ngemu it took me back to the title screen not downloading the file. So anywas I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas how to solve this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok sorry this so late i've been away fro the comp for the last week.
ok I'm already using 1.5.2
and here's my settings

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce FX 5700LE/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [16 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 5
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 3
- Framebuffer access: 1
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: on
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
btw, you dont need a PPF, if your game starts up you're past the point where you need to use a PPF ;)

you say the emulator "drops out". can you describe this more in depth? like...what actually happens?

and remember, with FF9, its gonna be ePSXe 1.5.2, PSXeven, or PCSX...never ePSXe 1.6.0 ;)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
what are you trying to imply, _mr_m_...?

·
Registered
231 Posts
not piracy! oh i would never steal ISOs..
no, i was thinking checking around local shops or online for a US/C NTSC version..because ive read around and there seems to be problems with PAL isos

·
Registered
231 Posts
yeah i mean PAL versions of the game..
if POSSIBLE, try a NTSC version..

But anyway I was playing ff9(Uk Pal version) last nigt in epxse (using an iso) and found out that whenever the blue magic poison was cast the emulator dropped out.
by dropping out, im assuming you mean the frame rate drops to 0.0 fps and halts completley.
if i am not mistaken, NTSC and PAL run at different frame rates (60.0 and 50.0 respectivley?)

its just a thought...frame rate differences could cause issuses, especially in the emulation world

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Yes. PAL and NTSC games runs at different framerates.
No, they will not cause any major issues.

That problem you quoted could be an bad image made.

·
Registered
231 Posts
true. bad images cause problems all over the place.

which is why i use original discs for FF9. so far, not one problem, except for the one i posted a couple days ago, but it was solved by using ePSXe 1.5.2.

use originals whenever possible. use a disc-doctor on your originals before making isos/bins/whatever you use to copy discs. and dont trust what you download (if you do that kind of thing), because sometimes their discs might have been damaged

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I wouldn't recommend using a Disc Doctor unless you're having problems reading your disc as the device wears down the acrylic layer on the CD. Why wear it down if you don't need to? :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
not only is it wrong, but there are a ton of problems with em too. even IF emuforums was cool with piracy, i wouldnt be, because for some reason warez rippers do a really half assed job and there are so many bad versions floating around the internet...man, i wonder how much easier it would be to deal with this section if piracy didnt exist.

·
Banned
76 Posts
as far as FF9 goes, if I was you I'd run it off a disc if the disc isn't badly scratched. I've had issues with FF9 NTSC U/C in the opening, but sometimes a CD pulls through those errors.

_mr_m_ said:
by dropping out, im assuming you mean the frame rate drops to 0.0 fps and halts completley.
it doesn't always drop to 0.0 I was paying FF8 (if you look you'll know where I froze) and my fps was 109.6 (or so..) but it did nothing. it just sat there, for hours...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
if u tried remaking ur iso or used another cd. try using a higher resolution. i say this coz when i played tony hawks 2 for pc, the 640*480 resolution made the game quit for some reason. also try switching on unfiltered framebuffer updates and color dithering. those two settings caused problems for me with opengl.

·
Banned
76 Posts
it shouldn't be a resolution issue. try the Lunar fix and disable chord check. that might produce some results. I cannot promise anything, but if you're using pete's soft (it is pete's right?) then use those. if you're using open Gl use these and the Legend of Dragoon fix also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts