Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its slightly off topic - but im having a nightmare.. getting this to work so here it goes....

I've got an original U.S (NTSC) copy of Final Fantasy 9 and am trying to run it on a Real PAL PSOne.

The machine is chipped and requires a boot disc to load games.

By default - FF9 won't load... by disabling "anti-mod and anit-ar" codes.. the game loads but I experience lots of frequent freezes while playing...

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
id suggest trying a different board.
we dont really talk much about that kind of stuff here..
"mostly" psx emulation, not modchip problems..

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
bleh..
why would you want to run ntsc on pal anyway? :p
you could get all those funky visual bugs..
i didnt think that the us ff9 was modchip protected, but you can get a patch and since you have a chip, try playing the backup..

why do you need a boot disk if its chipped anyways?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome
bleh..
why would you want to run ntsc on pal anyway? :p
Well Bgnome.....I see u re not europeean......

BUT I AM!!!And I can tell U that french (or others) translations
are horrible......and some games may never come to europe..(Chrono Cross or Xenogears for example.......)

So for us, it s hard to play to those games w/o an unchipped psone.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
It's true,I'm french too & I've never had any problem whike playing my NTSC games(FF8-9,Xenogears,Chrono Cross-Thanks a lot Rargh-Legend of Mana,Star Ocean 2,FF Tactics,Tekken 2-3,MGS,Nemesis,Silent Hill,MegamanX4,Parasite Eve,Street Fighter Zero3,RRT4)but on the contrary it's playing PAL games on a NTSC TV which creates visuals artifacts.
You may wonder why I have NTSC games,well as rargh said the translations suck(not all of them but most),the games run at 50fps,and there are two horrible black lines on the screen.
BTW,FF9 sucks.
Bye.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
FF6-8 are the best!
FF7 is average.
Others are between FF7 and FF6-8.
And of course FF9 is the worst.
And don't forget Final Fantasy Tactics,it's an awesome game!
Bye.
P.S.:I love U too Disturbed (Love is allllllll!!!!!_damn I see singing frogs everywhere!)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel

P.S.:I love U too Disturbed (Love is allllllll!!!!!_damn I see singing frogs everywhere!)
Ummm please..Use common sense folks and conduct urself appropriately...

:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Disturbed, I am going to ask you once and only once to please stop about hating FF 9. We went through this on the bleem! board w/brienj and his constant hatred of all the FFs.:rolleyes: It got really tiresome.:mad: So, I will not go through this again here. I hope you understand. Thank you.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ummm...

Ok - well going back to the original point.. my PSOne has a 4 wire modchp which means it uses a boot disc to run games.

I'd be willing to copy my original and patch it if I knew it was going to work.. but I've not read anywhere that FF9 is actually mod chip protected.. and I can't find a mod-chip patch anywhere.

As for visual bugs.... both FF7 and FF8 (both NTSC) were fine on my PAL machine.

Cheers for the replies though ^_^

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Erm...actually, iirc, FF9 IS modchip protected. I think you have to use some weird new format to bypass the typical protection (on the PS one, of course. On the PC, that's not a problem:p).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Disturbed, those threads were closed because they were getting out of hand. I mean the picture of the Kid and Kangaroo, UH UH!!:rolleyes: That is just not necessary.:(
As for the FF thing, it is fine if you hate FF 9, you are entitled to that, but please don't broadcast it again and again. Brienj did that about all things FF and it got really tiring really really quickly.:mad: I do not want that to happen again. Please try to understand. Thanks.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
hehe
I SHALL NO POST MORE OF KANGOROO'S PICTURES!
Anyway, as 4 the first question i had the same problem. Just make an image of the game w/ cdrwin, get the p4u utilities and analyse the image to make the ntsc->pal patch. Then, just apply the patch to the image. get those programs on *deleted* in the download area
it worked fine 4 me!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
please do not post that url. that site contains warez, and others are considerate enough to keep from posting it so please do the same.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FF9 NTSC U/C is not anti-mod....

PAL is, not sure about NTSC J

1 - 16 of 16 Posts