Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have got an US version of FF9 recently. I tried a lot of configs of video and sound and till now i havent found a good setting to play the game.
In the intro CG animation it works well, but when I get in the first battle (the boss) it begins to work very slow (and the battle menu doesnt appear on the screen)..
Ive got an AMD Athlon k7 900MHz , Windows ME and a Video board Trident 8Mb (simple)..can you tell me whats the best config to play FF9? And what about the video and sound plugins? Should I use Pete's?

Thanks

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I think your video card is holding your system back.. Its probably an integrated video card meaning its using your system ram as video ram.. Your cpu is good but you definately need a new video card.. Atleast a voodoo3 or a geforce 256.. You could try using petes d3d pluggin but press the fast button.. Then boost up the graphics quality from there on.. 640x480 or lower.. Read all the documents that come with the pluggins and epsxe..

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got an nvidia tnt2 8mb, with a 900mhz t bird, 128mb ram, windows me. almost all games run well with good frame rates. in medium grafics settings example: nice colors instead of best colors.

what kind of difference would i see if i get a new and faster video card? a 32bit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts