Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been playing final fantasy 9 and everything was working perfectly until I got to the part after defeating black waltz #2, when you board the airship. It crashes during the video of the airship taking off, in the exact same place every time. ive tried reconfiguring my settings many times, nothing seems to work. Anyone know what the problem could be?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Are you using savestates? Because it sounds like the same problem I had.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I'm using savestates but i dont think thats part of the problem. Everything has been working fine up to now and this is the first crash ive had, but it happens in th same place every time so it has to be a problem with the .img im using

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I think it hasn't got anything to do with the image, I used savestates as well, even though I am aware of everyone here on the forums advising me NOT to use them. They are known to cause crashes with multi-disc games, such as FF9. The first time this problem popped up for me was in exactly the same video. You can always try making a new image of the game, but I doubt it will help, I've got the original disc and it doesn't have a single scratch.

What I did was just let the video run, and ignore the message, switch windows and try to make a new savestate right after the FMV. After that you can read the message and click OK, and restarts ePSXe, load your game, and continue play.... until you encounter another FMV ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but its crashing in a different way than what your talking about.....the screen just freezes, i get no error message of any kind, and the sound of the airship lifting off is just repeating over and over

·
Registered
4 Posts
Zac456 said:
but its crashing in a different way than what your talking about.....the screen just freezes, i get no error message of any kind, and the sound of the airship lifting off is just repeating over and over

that happened to me also. i just ran it on 1.5.2 and everything worked fine

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
there are TWO stickies at the top of this thread with the solution to your problem.

the troubleshooting FAQ said:
Final Fantasy 9 freezes at the FMV at Dali!!

* you didn't search, did you? well in any case, use ePSXe 1.5.2, PSXeven, SSSPSX, etc, anything EXCEPT ePSXe 1.6.0.
[QUOTE="Please read : Chrono Cross and FF9 running on ePSXe 1.6.0" thread]ePSXe 1.6.0 is having some issue with both games. Use ePSXe 1.5.2 instead[/QUOTE]

next time please search or look around and dont waste everyone's time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.