Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and espxe all together. I got epsxe mainly just to be able to play final fantasy 9 on my pc. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best configuration I could use to play ff9.

My system specs:
cpu: amd-k6 400mhz, ram: 256mb, video card: voodoo 3

·
Registered
270 Posts
use lewpy's plugin, and, uhh configure it sumth like dis===> Lewpy's Glide?Plugin Configuration Information v1.35
-----------------------------------------------------

| Plugin Configuration Item | Current Setting |
| Dynamic Texture Caching | Yes |
| Alpha Blending Mode | Advanced | note u wanna make sure u have the newest voodoo driver
| Bilinear Filtering | Enabled w/o Sprites | or disable it since itz faster
| FrameBuffer Access | Read/Write | use read, faster
| Off-Screen Drawing | Extra+FBR | big slow down while enterin' a battle, but gives u sweeet swirl effects
| VSync | Disabled | faster, but w/ cracks.
| Experimental Flipping | On |

well, yer processor aint fast, thus the game will play a bit slow, i'd recommend vgs for this game

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
FF9 will probably run pretty slow except during fight scenes with your system.. I use to have a similar system.. I suggest you use petes software pluggin as it may run faster.. Your system cpu is kind of underpowered for FF9 on epsxe with the hardware pluggins. Heck, your cpu is holding your voodoo 3 back from it's full potential..

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah unfortunately k6-2's aren't for gaming, just to give ya something to gauge by i get a steady 60 fps in battles (without frame limiting its goes from 70-120) and 40 fps with 8 or more characters on top of a 2D background. 40ish on the world map. dips to 40ish during the biggest special battle effects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.