Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, when the characters stand still, like Vivi in the beginning of the game (less noticeable on Zidane in the very beginning), it's as if he has body parts that keep twitching. I'm not sure how to describe it. This is not the natural character looking around while he's standing still either, part of the problem is that certain polygons of his body keep disappearing and coming back again.I'm using Pete's Open GL 2.6. Is there any way to lessen this effect? It looks weird as hell.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Yes, lowering the resolution. It's a limitation of the psx hardware that can't be circumvented by emulation. This actually happens in the console, but it's not noticeable because of the low resolution.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
what is your videocard? it's helped a bit by enabling very high X and Y, if you have a geforce FX card or better.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radeon 9700 Pro.

Thanks, but the two things didn't work. Internal Y resolution to maxiumum works (with little effect), but with max X Resolution the emulator crashes.

A lower resolution does not really have an effect either. In 320*200 reflected on a TV with TV-out it still appears.

Seems like it might be a problem with the game (although I wouldn't expect flickering polygons in a game like this).

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
emusnicker, thats why i said Geforce FX and higher, Radeon 9xxx cards can only do Very High Y and High X.

anyway, at 320x240 and TV out it should be barely noticeable (just like a real PSX). the problem can be amplified by using hi-res textures (i.e. stretching) as well.

basically, you're going to have to learn to live with it. there is no fix, as the PSX lacks sub-pixel accuracy (meaning, polygons jump entire pixels...there is no in-between).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts