Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried looking for an error which is the same as mine on the forums but i couldnt find anything so i had to post.

*SPOILER WARNING*

BUG
During the boss fight with Valia Pira everytime the boss goes to cast a thunderaga spell or if i try to cast water with Vivi, the game camera will zoom into the charater on there turn and they will begin to cast the spell however the charater will not finish casting the spell, it will just stay in a state just before the spell is cast (god i hope that makes sence) The game will then stick like this and will not allow me to play any further and this charater turn is not yet finshed. When this happens I still have slight control over the game, i can still pause the game, bring up the moogle help thing with select and if any other players have there Attack turn come up, I can select what they can do but obv they cant do it until this spell has finshed and ofc the spell wont finish casting as its bugged out.

Also when Kujas desert palace the monster which are 3 balls with a jacket on, when the mob goes to cast sleep the same issue will happen.

SYSTEM SPECS

AMD 3000+ 64bit
1GB of Ram
Geforce 8600 GT ([email protected])

Im using epsxe 1.7.0

Video Plugins - P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.18 + Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 (Tried both)

Sound Plugins - EPSXe SPU core 1.7.0 + P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Drive 1.9 (Tried both)

CDROM Plugin - P.E.Op.S CDR Driver 1.4

Im running Final Fantasy 9 off a cue/bin file which I have ripped off my FF9 CDs.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to continue with the game?

*Im assuming somone is going to post, "Try using different emulator" which is fair enough but In advance I would ask that poster - Is it possible to get my saved game from ePSXe to work on a different emulator and if so How?

Thanks

· Better be better than yesterday
5,544 Posts
Hello breakworm and welcome to Emuforums.
Well, Are you using savestates? If yes, load from the last save you made from a memory card.
If no, do you encounter the same issue when you are playing from the actual CD?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello breakworm and welcome to Emuforums.
Well, Are you using savestates? If yes, load from the last save you made from a memory card.
If no, do you encounter the same issue when you are playing from the actual CD?
Thanks for the welcome ^^

Yea I do get the same error when running from the CDs. Honestly I dont know what saverstates is, I save the game by going to a moogle in game and saving on the mem card slot which appears, I havent attempted config anything with memory saves.

· Better be better than yesterday
5,544 Posts
In this case, Try pSX and see if this emulator help you to solve the issue. The memcards are the same format than for ePSXe, just point where your memcards are located to the emulator.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
*Im assuming somone is going to post, "Try using different emulator" which is fair enough but In advance I would ask that poster - Is it possible to get my saved game from ePSXe to work on a different emulator and if so How?
You can just move the memory card files over into pSX or PSXeven, they'll read them directly. You may also want to try a different version of ePSXe and see if that works.

The problem you're having is a somewhat common PAL glitch, unfortunately... I've seen it several times.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you using action replay codes? They give the same bug in this game.

Im not using any action replay codes

In this case, Try pSX and see if this emulator help you to solve the issue. The memcards are the same format than for ePSXe, just point where your memcards are located to the emulator.
I have just got PSX and set it up, I however cannot get PSX to pick up the saved games. I moved the files "Espxe000.mcr" + "epsxe001" into the mem card folder and also tried the sstaues fold however it will not detect the save. Am I do this correctly?

You can just move the memory card files over into pSX or PSXeven, they'll read them directly. You may also want to try a different version of ePSXe and see if that works.

The problem you're having is a somewhat common PAL glitch, unfortunately... I've seen it several times.
As above Ive attemped to use PSX and it will not pick up the save file I have. I will attemped to use a different ver of espxe however if you can see somthing Im doing wrong with save games files, let me know

Thanks for your replies btw

· Registered
3,106 Posts
i think its a bad disk rip. Something happend to me like this on a dif boss, where a specific spell would crash the game (to long since ive played to remember), have you tryed re riping?

· Emu Author
616 Posts
if this is your own personal copy i would say your disc is dead. why i say this is my first copy of ff9 had this issue and was from a scratch on the disc that damaged the part of the game where that spell was being read from. i do not think its from epsxe but the disc or disc image its self.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I have got the save files to work in PSX now, Sorry I asked how to get them to work! I figuired it out, unfortunatley though still the same problem :/ Vivi casts water and can not continue.

Im wondering now if it will be worth trying to find a US ver of the game and see if the same fault it there

· Registered
3,106 Posts
Im wondering now if it will be worth trying to find a US ver of the game and see if the same fault it there

thunderaga is a fairly common spell if i remeber rightly, so i would assume using this method it isnt going to work for very long. And, water was one of my main spells up to a point, save for wateraga and variations (cant remember how many water spells there were now damn it, i really need to play this again), so i would say it is a good idea to try another copy..... you could still try another emu though or see if the problem is happening on your ps1.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
Ok I have got the save files to work in PSX now, Sorry I asked how to get them to work! I figuired it out, unfortunatley though still the same problem :/ Vivi casts water and can not continue.

what format did you rip your image in?

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Not a very good idea, you'll have to do some memory card editing to get the PAL save to work with the NTSC game.

I think this might be a temporary problem related to where you are in the game, in which case you may want to post your save so someone else can try passing that part for you.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
the us and pal versions work fine. Rip the image to a subchannel supporting format like MDF or CCD and run the game from an image drive using CDR Sapu.

i'd bet your using a PPF patch currently... and those are known to bork the disk image at points.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Seems like he's not using a patch...you don't need one if you have the subchannel data.

But maybe a patch would help it out? Who knows

· Banned
35,081 Posts
that would be true, hushy
if he was using CDR Sapu.

since hes using Petes CDR.. which has very poor subchannel reading capabilities these days.....

· Premium Member
5,284 Posts
Well, I'm glad when someone fixes the issue but don't ask for further support with this image as it's illegal.
If you look at our [rules]rules[/rules] you will see that we don't support piracy.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
closing to avoid spam/flame posts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.