Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
Im using ePSXe v1.7.0 with all petes stuff. Its been running perfect uptil now but on disc 3 'SPOILER' during the alexandria attack by kuja when im fighting the secret book boss in the library, whenever he uses poison attack the game crashes -

ePSXe has stopped working
SPEC Opcode 16 UNK (PC 001A0C80) (001A0C80) (13852,95)

Duno what this means
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thx.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
According to the Troubleshooting FAQ -- READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU POST!!:

The game crashes with an opcode error

• Your CD may be corrupted due to dirt or physical damage. Clean it and/or polish it and then make an ISO out of it.
  • Try using a different graphics plugin
  • Use a different emulator
  • Don't use save states (load off memory card)
Thus, the recommendation to use pSX. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had already made iso from disk and i don't like using save states anyway.
It's an optional boss fight so shouldn't stop main game progression, but if i encounter the problem again i'll switch emulators.
Thanks for help.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
if your disks are PAL, rip the image to a format which supports subchannel data, rather then ISO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a problem on my FF9 Disk 3 to . . .
Right after the card tournament in the scene with Kuja talking to himself at the statue. once the scene ends i have a black screen and nothing else it cant be the CD because its an ISO and its the USA version please help this is first error in the game.
PLEASE!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nah, i got it to work LOL, why did i get addicted to Save States anyway it was the save states(Last time i saved was at the start of Disk 3 . . .) I also noticed the game runs better in .CUE/.BIN format thanks for the help:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts