Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(EDIT: I have fixed this problem now so don't bother reading this post. I have a new problem in the post below though. *sigh*)

Hello. I'm a noob so sorry in advance.

I've just got ePSXe going and Final Fantasy 7 works fine. I want to play my PAL UK version of FF8, but I only get a blank screen. I've read the FAQ and I'm pretty sure it's because it's a copy protected game.

On my home computer the game ran fine with subchannel reading enabled, but at my university PC this isn't the case. I think my laptop has a pretty inferior DVD drive.

I've downloaded some UK-PAL ppf files for all 4 disks, but I'm completely clueless as to how to make them work. Could someone tell me how, or point me in the direction of a tutorial? The codes on the disks are: SLES-02080, SLES-12080, SLES-22080 and SLES-32080

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry people. I fixed this now. Finally worked out how to use P.E.Op.S CDR driver with a PPF patch so that's all good.

Unfortunately I have a new problem. It's just uber-slow when I run it. I followed Lord Kane's configs for FF8 to the letter and the FPS goes down to about 5 most of the time during any kind of loading. The transition to battles is particularly bad. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to load battles. Is there any way I can fix this or is it just my PC being lame? I've tried choosing 'Fast' settings on Pete's GPU plugin too and it still sucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.