Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, after much googling I've resorted to forum posting.

I really need to run this game in a window [as opposed to full screen].. I've looked around for a console mode to try to find out if this option is available with no joy what-so-ever. :hdbash:

Is anyone able to tell me how to run the game in a window ?

I'd also like to know if there's a console mode.. and if there is I'd like someone to maybe post a url with instructions on how to activate it and a list of commands for it.

Thanks in advance. :thumb:
-5a

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fellas :D

I have a problem tho.. the site with the window patch seems to contain a broken link [or bad php coding] ;)

Does anyone have the window patch locally ?

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Thanks for the link. :) I was reading through this section of the forum, and I saw this topic. I am going to be getting FF8 on PC in a short time, so I am going update the game properly. Sometimes, I like playing in Window mode if I have additional things to do on my PC e.g Burn, Encode etc..

r2rX :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Funny thing about FF8pc is i couldn´t play it on my current pc anymore without massive graphical clitches.
So i have to resort to emulating the psx version.
I think this should be legal - if it were not.
An interesting point: What right does the consumer have here?
Console games can be played after after dozens of years if there´s no hardware defect. This is obviously not at all the case with PC games. Question is: what span of time are you guaranteed that the game works? I guess there´s no guarantee lie that at all which in a way is a shame. I guess the manufacturers know very well why they don´t entitle you a certain amount of time that you can run the game.

Somehow absurdly comic that just a few years after release pc games can´t be played properly on their on (albeit updated) platform - if at all.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
yeah, kind of ironic. i remember reading about it, people keeping their old DOS PCs so they didnt have to throw out their old games that ran on DOS. the irony that we've come all this way but now we cant play those games from back in the day.

another reason why PC gaming is BS, in my opinion. enjoy it now, because you wont be able to in the future...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
hushypushy said:
yeah, kind of ironic. i remember reading about it, people keeping their old DOS PCs so they didnt have to throw out their old games that ran on DOS. the irony that we've come all this way but now we cant play those games from back in the day.

another reason why PC gaming is BS, in my opinion. enjoy it now, because you wont be able to in the future...
I tried to make that clear to my parents and teachers when they were talking about my future, somehow I think there was a misunderstanding :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
hushypushy said:
yeah, kind of ironic. i remember reading about it, people keeping their old DOS PCs so they didnt have to throw out their old games that ran on DOS.
Like me :innocent:.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well I never had a dos computer in the first place but I do know I'm never going to throw away my old one, and especially not the SB16, cause that was one of the best cards for dos games AFAIK :)

·
Ohana means family...
353 Posts
does the Final Fantasy 8 (PC) version has better graphic than if emulated with emulator?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
i'd say stick to the FF8 PSX no matter what, FF8 PC sucks

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
FF8 sucks period :p.

Seriously though... nah... I really don't like FF8.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
They redid the movies in 640x480 and they looked beautifull as far as I can remember. That alone would be a reason for me to play the pc version. But next time I will also do something with the sound and everything .

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
The PC version is not that great. Yeah, they redid the movies, and since they use the Bink compression its quite great. But the game don't look better than the emulated PSX version. I mean, the max resolution on the PC version is 640x480, and antialiasing don't work. The only good thing here is that the textures don't shake like on the psx version.

The worst thing about the PC version is that they did a crappy job with the musics. They sound even worse than the PC version of FF7.

I don't recomend the pc version at all. Its better to take your time configuring EPSXE. You'll get nicer graphics and sound, and you can use save states.

BTW, I have both versions, so what I say is true!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You do now there are mods to replace the sound files for ff8pc version and they sound tons better,i used it back in da dayz and sound was way better too bad max res is only 640x480:(.

·
Administrator
15,457 Posts
dukenukem said:
You do now there are mods to replace the sound files for ff8pc version and they sound tons better,i used it back in da dayz and sound was way better too bad max res is only 640x480:(.
its not mods, its soundfonts

1 - 20 of 50 Posts