Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I apologise if this is in detail anywhere else but after searching through these and other forums since 9.00am this morning it must be hid pretty well.

Im not a emulation noob but im no master either. I can currently play FF8 perfectly (So quite sure its not a graphical problem) on my laptop via the disc. However upon making either a Bin/CCD/ISO/NRG via many different image softwares, I still get a blank screen. I have found many similar posts over the web but these either end without any definitive answer or there is mentioning of patching of the image files and no posts after that. I have spent most of my time up until now not only patching the images files with different sources of the fix. I have also used different software from different sites. Not only did I try this but I also put the patch files in the epsxe patch file folder as was mentioned in one topic but to no avail.

All I want if possible is a simple step to step guide of how I can put my FF8 pal disc in my drive use whatever software to make an image and then Add patches or whatever the fix is., (with links if possible as all the links i used never worked with any of my multiple images) and then play this wonderful game without killing my DVD drive trying to play it.

Thanks in advance

Sullster

Edit: Typical After posting I managed to get the CCD Image to work I needed to use a different CDRom plugin as I always mount my images virtually.

So if anyone else has this blackscreen problem forget patching and all that malarky.

1. Make an image of the Disc (I know CCD works others may work too)
2. Get SaPus CDRom plugin 1.3.
3. Omg it works
4. Enjoy

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
when it doesn't, its usually the drive at fault.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might as well add this on here im looking for some gameshark codes for my pal version. There are only two I want but cant find anywhere. There are the ones on gamefaqs but they not what I need. So just wondering if anyone has a code for

Max AP after a battle - only find the ntsc version and I dont know how to convert.
Always limit break mode< dont know if this is possible.

Thanks Again

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it should contain PAL UK codes for FF8 D:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it does but not the AP after battle code that i could really do with as i really hate grinding :p . There is one for ntsc surely someone knows the pal version of it :( (80078CE0 00FF is the 255 ap after battle for ntsc.)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you might want to search the codes file and change the all magics codes for the following characters to.....

"Zell-Codes\Have all Magics
50002002 0001
80077D60 6301

"Quistis Codes\Have all Magics
50002002 0001
80077E90 6301

the original code is invalid and they end up with limit breaks and guardian force in the list instead.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the headsup . Im still looking for my 255 ap after battle code but cant find it anywhere Although i found a post on gamespot of someone asking the same thing but then said they found it :( wish they would of put it down!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
It only works for spell based limits like Quistis and selphies,
The end, rapture, full heal, the wall etc...

and the GF's don't work just freezes emulation.
they junction to stats though which is good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah I see thanks again for the response. Still trying to find this pal code. Thinking about it the amount of time I spent searching for this code I could of farmed the Fastitocalon-F's on the beach for 6 AP a time :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.