Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm using my old laptop to play Final fantasy 8. Not too good specs on the computer, but I can improve the graphics quite nicely. Everything except the world map has been perfect.

But then I get to the action sequense in the Prison, where you have the demanding task of holding -Right- pressed until Squall can climb back to the platform, and not get crushed. But when i reach the ledge where he is suppossed to climb up, he just keeps going and going to sudden death.

Now one easy solution would be a savegame in missile base for example.
I've already looked at the saves provided from Gamefaq, but they are boosted, and i just want something regular. like not 255 in average stats, just what one would normally have. Half the fun is leveling the characters, and theres no point for me to play if someone else has already done that for me.

Now a solution to the lag, a link to a descent savegame or something would be very much appreciated:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried both pcx and psxeven with no luck. this is really strange. maybe my computer is haunted or some *****:p

I think a savegame is the way to go.

So what I need is a savegame or savestate preferably made in missile base or nearby on disc 2. And like mentioned earlier, I need a "normal" one with no boosting or cheats. This was harder than I tought to find, cause the saves wich are out there for disc 2 is with 9999 hp, 255 overall and ridicilious amounts of items and Gil.

\m/

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Use the Memcard Saves at Gamefaqs, use PSXMemtool to covert them to a PAL format.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah but the ones I found had sick stats. I want to level the characters myself you know. I've already downloaded "various saves from disc 2", but that had boosted stats I'll try the "no draw" savegame.

edit: Does anyone here have a memcard they can upload with normal disc 2 saves?

This psxmemtool won't work, and my frustration level is drawing through the roof:s
One of the "no Draw" memcards worked though, but only the one for later parts of the game
dont think I need to use that psxmemtool anyway, because all my orher saves are in US format.

But has anyone heard of a similar lag? it seems like the point where you are suppossed ro climb doesent exsists. i'll try to up some pictures or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.