Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got Final Fantasy 7 playing on my PC using the original FF7 PS discs. I'm having problems with the running speed in certain areas. Mainly cinematics and battle scenes. Is there a way to speed it up?

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Depending on the graphics plugin you're using, you can temporarily disable the framerate cap (framelimit). While the game is running, press del to display the switches - if I'm not mistaken framelimit is the first switch so you don't have to change to it, just toggle it (pageup or pagedown, I forget). In some games doing this during the FMV causes it to display very jerkily, but it should clear up immediately when you restore to the previous setting. I use it all the time to "fastforward" through post-battle victory poses, load menus, etc.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well if your system isnt making the minimum (50 fps in your case) there is no way to speed it up on the fly.

what are your computer's specs? you could be using the wrong plugins, or the wrong settings.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Huh, you should be okay. Even on a crappier machine I can blow past 50fps. What's that vidcard again, GeForce FX something? Try what the others say, adjust your plugin settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.