Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my PS1 and PS2 can barely save this game (What I mean by this is when I get far and save and then try and lod it it says file ruined). So I downloaded the ePSXe 1.6.0 (so I could save my game BTW FF7 is the only game that's file gets ruined). I got all the BIOS, Plugins, and configured the drive and GamePad, I inserted the CD and ran the game it started up and the game worked it got to the start up credits, and said SquareSoft. But... it ran really quick and my controls aren't working. I'm using a Gravis Gamepad Pro (it looks like a basic PSX controller without the analog joysticks).

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Let's knock these down one at a time.

If your game is running too fast, you probably have don't have FPS limiting turned on. Turn it on and set it to auto-detect. You could also try setting it to 60 (if you're in NTSC land) or 50 (if you're in PAL country).

Also, some PS1s and PS2s have overheating problems, and FF7 tends to make them worse. It gets played for long periods and has lots of CPU-heating FMV cutscenes. Check out >>> THIS ARTICLE <<< for some insight on this problem and how to fix it.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.