Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im playing final fantasy 7 again on my pc and i have gotten up to the sidequest part in the city wutai where you have to save the ladies on the mountain Da chou. The battle starts against rapps and the screen sudenly turns black after the battle swirl. The music keeps playing but the screen is black and the buttons don't respond(i cant here any button noises when i press them). I am using an iso image of disk 1 currently and used cd mage to check for errors. There weren't any. Anyone who can help or give suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

HERE are my settings. The game works perfectly up to that point. If it not a common problem i'll try burning another iso.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9600 XT x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: on

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 150

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00011001]

Current in game status
- Got the keystone and before the temple of the ancients(So im stuck with aeris)
-Got vincient in my party
-For some reason i have the fire, ice and lightning materia on aeris even though there suppose to be stolen????

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Try remaking the ISO with your original CD. Set the framelimiter to Auto, 150 is much too high. Also, try using Pete's OpenGL2 plugin, it will run well with your 9600XT.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
fryzeee said:
Current in game status
- Got the keystone and before the temple of the ancients(So im stuck with aeris)
-Got vincient in my party
-For some reason i have the fire, ice and lightning materia on aeris even though there suppose to be stolen????
I believe you got to do certain changes to your video plugin, but I am not too sure...try obtaining Pete's OpenGL v2.6 Plugin here.

For your excess materia, if you have read it up on guides, Yuffie couln't have stolen more than 50 materia at one go...so I presume you have so much materia at that time when Yuffie had stole and somehow still have leftover materia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having the exact same error problem only it happens when I'm about to start the battle arena matches for the keystone.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
If you have and nvidia card of the 4 ti line or later, or an ATI R300 class (9500 and onwards) card, you can try pete's opengl 2, it will work better. Anyway, make sure to use epsxe 1.5.2, as 1.6.0 has major problems with ff games. Post your current plugin's set and configs for them, so we'll have somewhere to start troubleshooting ;) .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, well I was initially on v1.6 but went to 1.5.2 and got the same problem. I'm using...
petes ogl2 driver with all default setting except I set the fps limit to 60,
the eternal spu plugin 1.41 all default settings,
default cdrom plugin.

The error message I get is the following...
"Opcode 15 UNK (PC 00000080) (2851669,50)" with the 41a.bin bios.
"Opcode 15 UNK (PC 00000080) (2851571,104)" with the scph1001.bin bios.

Note: this is the only battle that kills the program, I can fight anywhere else without problems.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Change to peops cd-r plugin. Try this settings with pete's:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.5
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9500 x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1280x960 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 2 <-- read the readme about this, it's very well explained there. When in doubt, just use x=1, Y=1.
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 6
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: 50 <-- set it to auto if you don't know what pal/ntsc is about

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on <--you can safely turn this off to improve performance
- Shader effects: 1/1 <-- this too
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
ummm
have you enabled the irq special fixes in the spu plugin? Have you enabled the ff7 special one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes I did and it still doesn't work... I guess it must have to do with the mdf file itself. I'll have to re-extract it tonight I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Are you using subchannels? If not, try doing so with peops cd-r (extract them from the actual cd using the plugin, and then load the game using it - more details in peops readme). It probably is the only difference remaining between my config and yours - and i recently played trough that part without problems.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Xerpher said:
The error message I get is the following...
"Opcode 15 UNK (PC 00000080) (2851669,50)" with the 41a.bin bios.
"Opcode 15 UNK (PC 00000080) (2851571,104)" with the scph1001.bin bios.

Note: this is the only battle that kills the program, I can fight anywhere else without problems.
I am not too sure but could it be your BIOS?
Try dumping it once more.

If anyone could read and decrypt the above, I think we should be able to target and pinpoint the problem easily.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Opcode errors are generally caused by problems reading the CD, a screwed up ISO, or problems with emulation (such as FF9+ePSXe 1.6.0).

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
they can also be caused by the graphics plugin themselves, in my experiences. for example there was a bug in FF9 where, upon entering the Ice Cave, the game would freeze with an opcode error with OGL2. using any other plugin it passed it fine. i submitted it to Pete, turns out it was a constant bug and he fixed it :) but for all the other opcode errors....im not really sure. basically it's like a burp in the emulation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I can't find my ff7 cds, probably left them at my cousins last time I went there. Anyway, I've tried a whole bunch of things with several plugins and bios' and have given up... I'll re-extracta fresh copy by the weekend when I get my cds back and see if that was the problem...

Thanks for all your help though.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
If it still doesn't work, post your memcards and i'll past it for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem on the sidequest, try to fight RAPPS, whole screen goes black.

I've tried changing plugins and emulaters but no luck.

Here's my memcard, I'm begging you to get past this part for me if you don't encouter the same problem. I really don't want to have to start my whole game over.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I can try to pass it when i'm @ home. Anyway, post your configs, maybe we can spot the problem there. It surely would be nicer if we can make it work on your pc, or else you are likely to face problems again later in the game.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I-Chan said:
I can try to pass it when i'm @ home. Anyway, post your configs, maybe we can spot the problem there. It surely would be nicer if we can make it work on your pc, or else you are likely to face problems again later in the game.
Sure, Here's my configs, I should have posted them at first. Heck, It was like 1am when I first posted though, I'd been up all night playing FF7 and was not too happy when it stopped working and nothing I could do seemed to fix it.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce4 MX 420/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: Auto