Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I downloadet the 1.7.0 version of the ePSXe and Pete's OpenGL2 2.9, P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9 and placed the ePSXe WNT/W2K Core 1.7.0.
When my Vista is trying to run Final Fantasy Seven, the ePSXe diseappears and the whole screene freezes even after everything I try.

I simply wonder is this somesort of a easy problem that I just overlooked. I got the right BIOS for PAL games.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
What are your system specs?

Try setting the OpenGL2 plugin to run in 'windowed' mode and see if any error messages pop up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The problem was that my hyper sensative firewall wanted perminission to open the file, so the windowned option seemed to do the trick.
However, only a new problem would appear. Now it seems that the game starts at the ending, meaning that there is the generic FF music, but it plays the names of the makers.

As it would now appear that the problem is not specs (Intel i7 processor, 3gb of Ram, Ati Radeon HD 4800 512mb), I would still want to play the game :D.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
That's actually FF7's opening! :)

Make sure you have setup your controller by going to Config > Gamepad > Port1 > Pad1

Map the PS1's buttons to whatever buttons you like on your keyboard/gamepad and click 'OK'.

Fire up FF7 again and just press your selected 'Start' button.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my emulator will play the game fine but when i get in a fight i cat see the commad meu you know the one at the bottom of the screen with you health ad stuff it only show a verry small portion if you ca help that would be ice thaks btw i have vista and the latest epsxe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.