Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't i use Petes OpenGL2 plugin ?
It allways crashes my game, i tried like 4 different graphic drivers but nothing seemed to help. Every other plugin does work but not the OpenGL2 one, so what should i do ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AMD Athlon XP 1900+
512 MB DDR 333
VIA KT400/KT333
ATI Radeon 9600 Saphire XT 128MB TV/DVI
Soundblaster PCI 128

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kane-Sama that worked for me but another error appears when i try to play the game in fullscreen it, some sort of, lags. In Window Mode everything works fine.
So what can i do ? My settings are -

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9600 XT x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 2
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: off
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00000002]

edit:
What i mean, its not running smooth

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem is, the game itself runs very smooth, as long as i play it in window mode. Resolution doesn't matter. But if i try it in Fullscreen Mode it doesn't run smooth at all. I tried your settings I-Chan and they do not change anything :[

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You mean "Use pixel shader for 'PSX Texture Window' emulation" ?
I have it on [doesn't change anything with my problem with fullscreen].

I'm using the newest Catalyst driver from ati.com

edit:
A friend of mine just told me that my settings work perfect for him in fullscreen at 1024 resolution. He got a Radeon 9800 or something like it.

But i mine, what sort of crappy error is that ? I can play smoothly in window mode on 1024 but in fullscreen it just sucks doesn't matter which resolution i use :[

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think it's an overall performance problem, i use ad-aware, spybot and antivir regulary. The last time i defragmented was just a few days ago so i really don't think thats the problem. I am playing from an ISO that i made yesterday and this can't also be the problem because like i said, in window mode everything is really nice :/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Already tried this bit it doesn't change anything and what do you mean with

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing

Do you mean i should turn my desktop res to 640x480 ? If you do so i have to say that the minimum resolution i can use is 800x600 because i don't have a lower option (like 640)

edit:
And, i'm not sure but do you think it could have something to do with the frame and hz of my monitor ? Because i installed powerstrip and force my monitor to use 100hz [a while ago i had these 60hz bug problems with WinXP]

edit:
I guess i some sort of found the problem. I turned FPS thingy pn to view my FPS with Fullscreen and it's jumping from 39 to 50 (50 seems to be the max) but all the time. I mean i can't proof it because in window mode it won't show me my FPS - don't know why - but i guess that could be the problem in fullscreen mode. But at the end i still don't have a clue whats causing this. Like i said i don't think i have trojans or viruses etc and _everything_ (i play a lot of games) runs just well. Even this game runs well in window mode but why the hell does it have jumping FPS in fullscreen oO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts