1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut scenes, great.

SFX, Perfect.

Graphics, enhanced and wonderful.

But, music? Sounds technically good, but running ever so slightly slow, and my god it couldn't be more irritating...

I have tried everything I can think of, including eternal 1.5b amoung others (petes spu was terrible) and changed the settings every which way including setting the frame rate higher but that only brings up new problems, the best I can get is slightly to slow, and it makes it unplayable for me we all know the music is a huge part of the experience and I just cant play it unless its perfect...

Im using petes open gl2 2.9 and the 'best' sound I get is with eternal 1.5b

My system is intel core 2 duo 2 ghz
Ati radeon hd 4570 512
4 gig ram
Realtek high def audio

I only need the tinyest speed up and then ill be a happy bunny, but till then I cant play my favourite game in high quality goodlyness, and that just sucks...
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
thats because the PAL conversions at the time also resulted in the slow down of the audio feed.

·
Registered
603 Posts
You might have already tried this, but here are the settings I used for sound:

Eternal SPU 1.5b2
Code:
Buffer Size: 48 (Can be 64 as well)
Audio Out Method: SPUAsync
ASync Mode: Smooth
Special Fix:
Update before Accessing Register (I had all 3 fixes enabled to be honest because of Star Ocean 2 and other games).

On the Select Sound Screen (Where you choose the Sound Plugins):
Code:
Enable Sound
Enable CDDA Sound
Enable XA Sound
With the above Configuration I had no problems anymore with the sound in FF7. Hope it helps for you if you haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks xryudo but I think It may be uncurable since its the pal version... with what squall has said, the only way It could function the way I desire is to somehow speed up sound emulation seperatly from the fps, but I doupt thats possible, I guess Ill just have to obtain an NTSC version, Kinda sucks since my missis bought me a decent copy (near mint) off e bay for £30 I dont think shes gonna be impressed lol the only other thing I can think off is busting the image and placing the NTSC music files in, but that probably wont work/be worth the effort annyway..

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
try synching to audio with eternalspu, set to spuasync:wait. and disable frame limiting in the gpu plugin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Squall, you are a legend mate, I tried that thinking 'no frame limit?? he must be mad!' but Im so glad I did, I cant believe it worked but thank you very much, ne trick for my collection :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.