Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, I've had one issue with FF7 when it's being emulated on ePSXe. It's regarding music playback. Apparently, the music plays much slower than the FF7 OST that's available on this site, and right now the only way to fix this problem is to set the FPS rate to 65, which only affects gameplay, but not MDECs. I'd like to know how I can fix this problem with a more appropriate way.

Just so you know, I've already tested the game with Connectix's VGS, and the music works correctly (except for sound effects).

Configuration:

P3 750 mHz
256 MB of RAM
Pretty good CD-ROM drive, already tested in Image and CD formats
S3 Savage MX w/ 8 MB

Plugin Selection:
Pete's Soft GPU 1.54
Eternal's SPU 1.1
Pete's CDR/ASPI Plugin 1.1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
Originally posted by Velocity 7
Plugin Selection:
Pete's Soft GPU 1.54
Eternal's SPU 1.1
Pete's CDR/ASPI Plugin 1.1
This won't fix your prob but you're using a pretty old version of Pete's CDR-Plugin (1.7 is the actual one). Just wanted to say that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
As I stated in the other thread, I have none of these problems... of course, the music might be faster and I just don't know about it, but it sound fine to me.

Pete's OGL 1.54
Eternal 1.1

You said you tried making an ISO, right?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Asfaloth
As I stated in the other thread, I have none of these problems... of course, the music might be faster and I just don't know about it, but it sound fine to me.

Pete's OGL 1.54
Eternal 1.1

You said you tried making an ISO, right?
Try playing the game on a real psx and then play the game on epsxe and you will notice that the music is slower than the framerate..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Funny, I never noticed the music was slower but now that I think about it it makes sense... ya see in the opening fmv the music is supposed to get real loud just as the logo dashes across the screen but its always a few seconds late with epsxe even though the framerate looks fine.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Velocity 7
Apparently, the music plays much slower than the FF7 OST that's available on this site,
Available on this site?
Do you mean on NGEmu?
Where?:confused:
I guess you meant another site.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top