Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done searching 25 pages of search results for my problem and havent found an answer or a suggestion that fixes my problem. I found one post that had the same problem but his "fix" was to switch to psxeven, which i tried and i get an error when trying to run the game from cd "Unable to initialize memory" that crashes the emulator.

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55326&highlight=fantasy

That is the exact same problem i am having. Unfortunately, Csharp is a dickhead and didnt want to cooperate. However, i am more than willing to cooperate.

I am running ePSXe v 1.60 on an amd 64 3200+ with geforce 5600 128meg card. Running the game from iso's that i made from my own personal playstation FF7 Disks. The copies completed without error using Alcohol 120% with the playstation encryption emulation. Using daemon tools to mount the images and using the play from cdrom feature of the bios. The game has been running flawlessly up until now. Well, the battle swirl doesnt work in some places but i dont really care about that minor detail. Anyhow, down to the problem:

Disk 2 - As the weapon approaches the Junon Base, a scene with rufus and heidger and 3 soldiers observing the weapon aproaching. Heidger is commanding the soldiers to open the cannon doors and fire at the weapon. The three soldiers run down and off screen, but before the first soldier leaves view, there is a quick flicker, then all three continue off screen, followed by heidger, who runs down to the bottom faces right and stops. The music keeps playing, but game progression ends there.

Now, there is supposed to be a FMV of the weapon approaching and of the cannon being readied before heidger runs to the bottom. Im guessing its where the soldiers are when the screen flickers. I can post my config if you like, but i have tried several configs including those posted by hushypuppy and lordkane and even tried software rendering. I have also tried disabling fancy features and turning off sound with still no help. This appears to be a rare problem as only myself and Csharp seem to have had it on this forum.

Thank you for reading my long winded post and i hope to be able to pass this part. On a side note, i have been using pec for cheats and have been using save states as well as memcard saves. i have tried this scene several times with pec disabled completely, starting the game from the cd and loading using the memcard, loading using a save state, playing off of the image file on the hdd, and playing directly off of the cd in the drive. I have the ntsc version of the game.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, i got psxeven working and was able to pass that sequence using the exact same plugins and plugin settings that i used in epsxe. dont know why it worked in one and not the other. perhaps its a hardware configuration that not many people have that isnt compatable with epsxe. at any rate, i will continue to watch this thread and test for a viable solution so that other people that may have this problem can get it solved quicker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.