Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Problem Solved thank you for the help.

Items needed to solve lag problems -> Pete's Software Plugin and Dual-Core Optimizer for AMD Processors.

*Original Post Below*

Hey guys.

Recently just found my FF 6 game with extreme joy and decided to give them a go with the emulator.

Im just wondering really if anyone has a configuration for petes plugin or any other plugin that can make the game run extremly smooth for me. Atm the game runs at 30fps and the sound/gameplay sort of slows down quite often.

Thanks in advance.

* Just to note. i have tried other settings, like FF9 or FF8 ones but it gives the same result. I have searched for FF 3/6/III/VI settings but found nothing)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Operating System - Vista Basic (32 Bit)
Processor -AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 1.9GHz (so 3.8 i presume ?)
Ram - 2GB
Graphics Card - ATI Radeon x1200 (128 Mb i think, not sure on how to check)
Not sure what else to give. Just say and ill edit this post thanks.

*Just to note it is a laptop as well*

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
use pete's software plugin with 2d games.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
Technical Download Details

The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.
epsxe just so happens to be one of those applications.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
it should be a straightforward install, if it comes with a read-me then anything important would be mentioned in it. and yeah the P.E.Op.S is the one im referring to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YES !!! XD

It works extremly well now. usualy when i used large spells like bio blaster for example it would lag, now its perfect.

Thank you ever so much. Can finally complete the game like i did so many years ago :p.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.