Next Generation Emulation banner

Final Fantasy 12 NOT working, how do i do it, please help! *picture included!*

9K views 50 replies 21 participants last post by  dashboardy 
#1 ·
here's the picture:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8615/ps2error4nr.jpg

i made a iso of my ff12 disc using ultra-iso, however pcsx2 wasn't able to run it.

when i finished creating the ff12 iso, it shows up to be a rar file, but i could mount it with deamon tools, i then launch pcsx 8.01 with my europe bios, all i get is a blank screen, it ran successfully for once, though, but i don't remember what setting i used.

and one time it locks up my pc REALLY BADLY when i use the software render mode.

please help, i don't see why it's not running.

my pc spec:

p4 2.66

1gb ram

geforce 6600 256mb

See less See more
#6 ·
oh dear

i just downloaded installed the latest version of pcsx2, i load the rom file DIRECTLY, but the emu reports error loading the iso, or gives me a complete black screen with ulta fast fps

so i mount the image using deamon tool, the emulator boots, but goes to the SYSTEM menu, you know, where you format your memory cards.

i use the same setting as the above picture, i even tried using the plugin which makes an iso for you from the cd, i load the iso made by the plugin, and again, the screen goes black and nothing happens...

has anyone actually manage to run the ff12 iso?

#9 ·
Final Fantasy XII [SLPM 66320] (J)

Machine Spec
AMD64 3200+ (2.20GHz) | 754 | NewCastle
1024MB (2x512MB)
nVidia GeForce FX5950u

PCSX2 Configuration
Graphics: GSdx9 (SSE2) 0.9 - win,D3D,PS1.4,LTF
Sound: P.E.Op.S SPU2 DSound Driver 1.4
Drive: P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.4 - IOCTL,D:\,Thread,1|0,0,0|1,0|0 (Mounted image, however the current LinuzISO driver works just as well.
Pad: SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.6
Misc:
USBnull Driver 0.4
DEV9null Driver 0.3
FWnull Driver 0.4
BIOS:
SCPH 70012 (S) (v12) (U) [v02.00] [14-06-2004] (C).ROM0

Game works with these settings, let it run for a few minutes, sometimes it is a tad slow booting before you see anything displayed, once the squaresoft logo has faded out, press start to bring up the menu, and continue from there. Noting that to select anything you must press L1+O.

#10 · (Edited)
hmmm...

everytime i load the image using the "linuzippi iso loader" from the hardrive it would give me an error saying "cannot load BLAH BLAH BLAH .iso"

or go in a black screen with 150frames and 35fps with nothing happening on screen

when i load it from deamon tools virtual drive it the system would boot, HOWEVER it would go to the system menu insted of booting the game, or crashes my entire system when i tried to force close pcsx2 (i don't know how to close the pcsx2 after a game has started)

ok so i'll follow the instructions you guys gave me and try it again, um...

-and you mention i should wait a few minutes, so you mean like when ther's nothing but a black screen i should wait and wait until it comes up right? how long do you think i should wait?

-my european bios can't boot japanese or usa games, right? if so, what should i do? i don't have a japanese ps2. T_T

-how come there's no sound? i have an asus motherboard with HD audio builted in, but i didn't hear anything though...

thanks for all the help, thanks for helping me , please reply soon...T_T

#12 ·
coolaid said:
-and you mention i should wait a few minutes, so you mean like when ther's nothing but a black screen i should wait and wait until it comes up right? how long do you think i should wait?

-my european bios can't boot japanese or usa games, right? if so, what should i do? i don't have a japanese ps2. T_T

-how come there's no sound? i have an asus motherboard with HD audio builted in, but i didn't hear anything though...
How long to wait --> Just wait for a few and you will find out
About BIOS --> I think it might load it up. Anyways, if it doesnt you have no choice but to buy a Japanese/US PS2 to dump the bios in it
No Audio --> Make Sure your using P.E.Op.S Sound Plugin, if you are Using SPU2 NULL note that Null means Nothing :p

#13 ·
really?

but how can i tell if my image is bad or good? i thought the pcsx2 can't tell the difference between good and bad images and will continue in an endless loop of black screen trying to load, but then i don't really know...

i'll listen to your advice and waited for a while, it is ok if the "frames" and the fps to go really really high?

will my system gets damage?

this afternoon i clicked on the "close window" icon to close pcsx2 while it's loading my ff12 image, but it won't, so i use ctrl-alt-delete to force close it, then my pcu starts roaring and my pc was going crazy, i was so scared! i had to pull the plug on my pc to force restart my pc, i'm still worried about weather or not my pc damage, even now i still don't know how to close pcsx after a game is launched...

again thanks for the help, thank you so much! T_T

#14 ·
If you think that the image is corrupted, you can remake the image with Alcohol 120% (with playstation2 profile) , your PC won't get damaged by PCSX2 but
if you continue to turn off your PC like you have said...dunno.
And last thing, press ESC when you want to turn off the PCSX2, the gui will
show up and you will be able to close PCSX2.

#15 ·
refraction said:
DO
NOT
USE
SPU2NULL
IT
DOES
NOT
WORK
PROPERLY

man how many times have i said that
LOL, I was thinking the same, I guess that's one of the major reasons you're working on v0.9.1 now too. :D

#16 ·
hello

Shendo said:
If you think that the image is corrupted, you can remake the image with Alcohol 120% (with playstation2 profile) , your PC won't get damaged by PCSX2 but
if you continue to turn off your PC like you have said...dunno.
And last thing, press ESC when you want to turn off the PCSX2, the gui will
show up and you will be able to close PCSX2.

sorry for not replying for so long, i've been try to fix a problem with pcsx2.

whenever i tried to load the image pcsx2 would someitmes gieve me an error:

"cannot load blah blah blah .iso"

oddly sometimes it would load fine, just nothing but a black screen.

-you suggested that i sould created another image using alcohol120% using the playstation2 profile, how do i do that? it's in the same list as the copy protection settings right?

thanks for the help, thanks! ^_^

#18 ·
CKemu said:
Final Fantasy XII [SLPM 66320] (J)

Machine Spec
AMD64 3200+ (2.20GHz) | 754 | NewCastle
1024MB (2x512MB)
nVidia GeForce FX5950u

PCSX2 Configuration
Drive: P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.4 - IOCTL,D:\,Thread,1|0,0,0|1,0|0 (Mounted image, however the current LinuzISO driver works just as well.
Misc:
USBnull Driver 0.4
DEV9null Driver 0.3
FWnull Driver 0.4
BIOS:
SCPH 70012 (S) (v12) (U) [v02.00] [14-06-2004] (C).ROM0
I tried all of these, scrupulously making sure every single setting was identical...
And I'm having the same problem as the original poster.
It just goes to a black screen and sits there forever.

#20 ·
i got it to WORK!!! BUT WAIT!!!!!

i waited for around half a minute, the game boots, but it was pretty bad.

well you know the main menu of ff12 is actually a fmv video, when the screen was flicking like crazy, my fps was 16 and i'm basically just sitting there waiting for the intro video to finished loading, and i still get no sound!

i push start, nothing happens, the menu didn't load.

i think this is it for me, i'm too tired, i give up T_T

WAAAAAAAAA!!!

#22 ·
like this

PCSX2 Configuration
Drive: P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.4
Misc:
USBnull Driver 0.4
DEV9null Driver 0.3
FWnull Driver 0.4
BIOS: eu 2004 (that's all i know)

the screen flicks and flicks, i was able to see the "new game" "load game", i push all the buttons i can find, i am unable to get into the game, i failed.

i lost.

#24 · (Edited)
i push

i pushed r1 with the o button, nothing happens, well my fps in the menu was slow anyways, when i get into the game it'll problely get worst, i can't play this game on my pc, i'm going back to my ps2, it works just fine.

oh and i did tried the vu+recs thing, doesn't work, still slow, if i remak the iomage again with ultra-iso would the speeds improve?

oh well...T_T

by the way, while i was using pcsx2 my system seems to be quite stressed, the cpu reading on pcsx2 was very high; 90%usage. my cpu was roaring with fury, i thought the world went mad! My pc also have a few extremely bad system failures

so right now, i reallywanted to know, and if you can please, honetsly tell me:

CAN PCSX2 OVER-STRESSED MY PC CAUSING ANY FORM OF PERMANENT DAMAGE IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY?

it's been widely known that gba emulators can damage cpus IF if it is set in the config to run in 400% speed, the sound card can also be permanently damage by the gba emulatir if the sound hz setting is set too high, i don't wanted the pcsx2 emulator to damage my pc, so please, tell me if my system is damaged or sustain any kind of damage at all from pcsx2, thanks for all your help, please help me, just one last time...

T_T[/QUOTE]

#25 ·
what the? emulators can no more damage your computer than say, doom 3 or half life 2.

hell even compressing a file puts your pc under as much strain. If your pc is built correctly it shouldnt have any problems, if you or a shop has cut back on getting a decent heatsink to keep it cool, it might overheat, but it shouldnt cause perminant damage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.