Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you will be aware of the news post on www.pcsx2.net and on the main page of this site (www.ngemu.com).

So go checkout the video and high resolution screenshots!

As an aside to the main news post, the ingame menu text and other misc text will show under eeREC (slower than vuREC), and here are some shots demonstrating that.

Note the game still has no enemies with many 2D glitches and vuREC (no text, blinking water) will run 6 FPS on average, rather than eeREC (text, less blinking water) running a poor 1.x - 2.x, so do not take the FPS into consideration with these shots ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since I am an obcessive tester, I took more time to go deeper into the game, and whilst other testers couldn't find monsters, I ran into fish and the headless monsters, they don't show up initially, so some kind of draw-distance issue perhaps, but you can find them and fight them, making the game EXTREMELY playable!

First shot is a window shot, just to show yes your eyes are not lying, you really are seeing FFXII emulated ;)
 

·
He's watching you.
Joined
·
1,222 Posts
you are liying, those screenshots are fake!!!!!!!
Great shots CK.
 

·
CHS Department
Joined
·
308 Posts
Is that a joke like it was about PCSX2 closed project ?
Or GSdx9 v0.9 is very improved since last version ?
3D background is to perfect to be real, but this post was by CKemu so it real or it is a joke, only one of it.
 

·
Familiar Face
Joined
·
5,307 Posts
Cyber_Hunter said:
Is that a joke like it was about PCSX2 closed project ?
Or GSdx9 v0.9 is very improved since last version ?
3D background is to perfect to be real, but this post was by CKemu so it real or it is a joke, only one of it.
Those are quite real, I can assure you.;) It's not a matter of gsdx9 getting updated, but rather the core of the emulator itself.
 

·
Familiar Face
Joined
·
5,307 Posts
Cyber_Hunter said:
So the core depend on 3d visualization (correct 3d/2d rendering) not graphic plug-in ?
Parts of it (SIF timings, IOP, etc....) are core dependent.;)
 

·
Hackerslog
Joined
·
24 Posts
Hey CKemu :) WOW What a SEXY Shots and more than that s SUPER SEXY Wallpaper behind the First shot in a window shot. Hey PAL can you email me the Wallpaper or post it here to download :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't do a summon yet, or even try out the other area, as 'down / up' in menus doesn't work, this is extreme WIP, a tonne of bugs to iron out:
  • Video Playback is still glitchy
  • Missing 2D screens / broken hud graphics
  • No font drawing in vuREC mode (works in eeREC)
  • Monsters not visable until you're right ontop of them
  • Random crashes when facing the 'Headless'
  • Menu controll totally borked!
  • Have to hold R2 to even run / press X etc...(weird but true :p )

Having said all that, over on www.pcsx2.net, I have posted a new video showing the FFXII battle system, and all under emulation ;)
 

·
A Square Fan!
Joined
·
592 Posts
Then, seems that the core has been fixed a little but not a lot.

These problems:
# Menu controll totally borked!
# Random crashes
# No font drawing in vuREC mode (works in eeREC)
# Video Playback is still glitchy
# Missing 2D screens / broken hud graphics

Were also in the CVS version, I can't test the mosters problems because I can't enter ingame. But still is better than the old CVS version, were you can't even go so far without a crash.

What do you mean by "Have to hold R2 to even run / Pres X etc"? Is needed to press R2 to pres X button???

PD: Have you tryed vuRECs with GSDX9 Software?, fonts works ok in that mode.

PD2: I know that CVS is not suported, but, this is a beta thread, isn't it?;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,810 Posts
CKemu said:
First shot is a window shot, just to show yes your eyes are not lying, you really are seeing FFXII emulated ;)
Lies xD You just wanted us to see your sexy wallpaper :drool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
TWave said:
Then, seems that the core has been fixed a little but not a lot.

These problems:
# Menu controll totally borked!
# Random crashes
# No font drawing in vuREC mode (works in eeREC)
# Video Playback is still glitchy
# Missing 2D screens / broken hud graphics

Were also in the CVS version, I can't test the mosters problems because I can't enter ingame. But still is better than the old CVS version, were you can't even go so far without a crash.

What do you mean by "Have to hold R2 to even run / Pres X etc"? Is needed to press R2 to pres X button???

PD: Have you tryed vuRECs with GSDX9 Software?, fonts works ok in that mode.

PD2: I know that CVS is not suported, but, this is a beta thread, isn't it?;)
#1: Thats the rather ancient CVS. Thus is utterly not comparable, as _many_ changes have occured.

#2: Random crashes are ingame, the game now always boots up, thus the crash situation is completely unrelated.

#3: We are 'betatesters', thus have tested a wide range of situations, and yes I and others have tested GSdx SW, and no it doesn't make a difference, we're all capable of testing and providing the relevant information, without suggestions.

#4: Yes CVS discussion is not supported in these forums. This thread is not a 'beta' thread, this thread is mearly an addition to the news post.

Metalmurphy said:
Lies xD You just wanted us to see your sexy wallpaper :drool:
Well okay thats pretty true :p http://www.ckemu.com/panties.jpg << Original image for you to crop / edit down to a WP ;)
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top