Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am playing Final Fantasy Tactics via .ISO from my original cd. My problem is that I have sent one of my characters out on a proposition/job and have gone to retrieve him and as soon as I click "OK" his banner with his face and some text shows up for a brief second and then disappears and freezes the game. The music is still playing and I have to control/alt/delete or hit escape to restart. This is frustrating as I have spent time to create the character and do not want to start over.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I have tried adjusting most of my plugins and updated them to the latest versions alot with my graphics card and still have the same problem.

Here are my specs...

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce FX 5700LE/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: on
- Game fixes: on [00000000]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
n_w95482 said:
How about playing from the disc itself?
I was using .ISO's of my PS1 discs b/c I could not get the cd's to run, but I messed with the cd plugins and got it to run from my original. I used your suggestion to run from cd and received the same freeze result. I do appreciate the suggestions, any others?

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried using another emulator as you suggested. I was running epsxe v1.6.0 and tried PSXeven v0.19 and same problem. My disc is flawless as far as I can tell. I have run from disc and .ISO. I do remember sometimes that when during cutscenes and battles characters would randomly say something when they performed an action and their picture and some text would display before the action. This pops up then quickly disappears before I able to read it. It would occur at random and did not stop the game in those situations, the only time it became a problem was when I would retrieve my character from a job. Very weird... Any other suggestions as I am very stumped?

Thanks again!
Very frustrated...

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you using a save state there is a chance that it will show the same problem at the same place not matter what you do, so you should try making the changes and start from the place the game saves at and you will get better results, well from my experience at least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am using the memory card saves and not the savestates. I have used several emulators, .ISO and disc, various plugins with the same results. I am not sure what to do at this point other than start over or lose that character and continue.

Any other ideas on what it could be?
Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! I finally found a walk around for my problem. fireblaster_lyz you are most likely right, even though my disc looks great it might be the problem. I did not fix my problem; I found a way around it. I downloaded a problem specific to Final Fantasy Tactics called "FFTastic" from http://www.fftactics.net/fftastic/ it allowed me to open my game save from the memory card and choose to take my character out from being on a job in one click. It worked perfectly. The only thing is that my character does not get the reward from the job. To make up for it the FFTastic program allows me to add/change any items, ability, class, etc… for my characters if I wanted to. A great program and all that I had to do was uncheck the proposition/job checkbox without any other changes and everything is working great! I can't complain at all any more. This is a great program that was an answer to my problem not to mention anyone looking to add some changes to there FFT experience.

Sorry for the novel…but,

"Thank you" to everyone that offered help and suggestions. I very much appreciated the help and advice! Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Todd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.