Next Generation Emulation banner

File Viewing??

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  flapjack 
#1 ·
Hey!

How come when I insert FFX or FFX-2 into my DVD Drive, I only see about 5 megabytes files? Is it possible to view all the files on the disc? And does anyone know how to extract sound effects/voices from Final Fantasy X.

Thanks
Sincerely
Flapjack.

#2 ·
flapjack said:
Hey!

How come when I insert FFX or FFX-2 into my DVD Drive, I only see about 5 megabytes files? Is it possible to view all the files on the disc? And does anyone know how to extract sound effects/voices from Final Fantasy X.

Thanks
Sincerely
Flapjack.
Squaresoft has a way of "hiding files to prevent seeing them on a PC. I'm not sure how they pulled this off, but it doesn't bother PCSX2 at all, just makes seeing the contents a trickier task than just opening an explorer window.;)

#4 ·
flapjack said:
So, there is no way what so ever? How does PCSX2 see them?
The ELF loader embedded in the emu is able to intepret file locations by sector. The loader in the emu is pretty remarkable, really.;) I assume you are attempting to extract video perhaps from these games? There are self made apps made just for doing that out there, as I have managed to do this already.:p

#6 ·
flapjack said:
I can get all the FMV's from FFX and X-2 that I want. What I want to rip is sound effects or voices or both.

Thanks
Sincerely
ME.
This will be a bit more complicated than just ripping videos, and is actually something I have not attempted to do. I honestly dont' know what to suggest. So far I don't think anyone has made all files on these games viewable on their PC.

#9 ·
That model viewer works a charm, I just hope for an export function into max, with bones replaced by max IK, now that'd be sweet for some animations etc ;)

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks so much for all the replies. I actually just found the Model viewer by Yaz0r last night before I saw this. But its to bad it doesn't rip to a useable format. But as for the bones, I looked at the bone structure for a lot of the models and it's kind of funky. I think it would be easier to just reskin them myself. I looked on the FAO site, and all I saw that looked interesting was FFX_Ripper. I didnt' see anything called PSX Multiconverter. And thankyou all again for the replies. EDIT- the FFX_Ripper is no good. It rips the whole game to one audio file that is 6 hours 30 minutes long. I tryed to open it in Windows Media Player but it says the buffer is not big enough. EDIT- I found PSXMulitConverter on another site. But I can't figure out how it works. I tried analyzing the disc function but it didn't work.

Thanks
Sinecerely
Flappy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.