Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the rules and it seems ok for me to post this.

I have a game in nrg format which won't boot on nulldc. I can't convert to iso as that won't boot on nulldc. I can't convert nrg or iso format to mdf either.

Questions like this get thrown around a lot but I don't know what to do. I can't believe there isn't a conversion program for iso or nrg to convert to mdf or cdi so I can play the game using nulldc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Time Lord
2,067 Posts
nrg files aren't good with nulldc. Next time rip the original game disc and create a cdi file. For now you could try burning the nrg to a disc (using nero) and then use alcohol 120% or discjuggler to make a cdi image from the disc.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
cdi? how the heck do you make cdi files with alcohol?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
alcohol 52% comes in a free version.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure only 120% retail version has the function I'll need.

EDIT: Ok, so I mounted the nrg with daemon tools and used alcohol 120% to create an mdf/mds and now i get the error "unhandled exception while initing image reader plugin by drk||Raziel & GiGaHeRz [august 20 2008] plugin"

Alcohol doesn't seem to make cdi's, only cdd which is different I think?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
edit

Open the MDS file, rather then the MDF.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Squall it automatically opens the .mds, but I wouldn't try and open the .mdf anyway.

I got acohol 120% and made the mds/mdf as I said in the last post and that got me the error. So I got nero after reading that could rip to .cdi but that didn't appear to be able to. I got the mds running on chankast but it sucks as an emulator compared to nulldc.

I guess my last option is to get discjuggler and try that. I can't believe the amount of programs that convert the countless file types except for cdi.

Tch...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.