Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys first off id like to say thanks alot for this awesome emulator, dreamcast simply rocks.

anyway i really need help. im kinda computer illiterate so the read me is quite confusing and so far every file converter program i have downloaded proves useless(alcohol 120%, isopen, izarc, diskjuggler, bootdreams.)

im sure im overlooking something but i just cant figure out how to convert the .img file to a .cdi file, or any other file that is compatible with NullDC. please steer me in the right path! thank you in advance.

P.S. will i need to do anything after i get these files converted in order to play? and no this is not piracy, i used a program to rip all my dc games to put on my comp. thx again.

btw the game im trying to get converted is Skies of arcadia if that at all helps

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Because you are ripping your games from the console to the pc what you want to do is get the images into a .gdi format for emulation usage. To get the best explanation on how to accomplish this, and creating them into a .gdi try this website:

Dumpcast :: Index

Everything is explained and documented quite well.

If you want to change them to cdi, so that you can burn them to disk and run them as a backup on the dreamcast allot more work is involved rather than a simple conversion. You will have to take into consideration the fact that some game data will have to be removed in order to fit the game onto a smaller disc type.

My opinion is that you stick with transferring the data into a .gdi format, that way no data is lost and the emulator works better with this type of file anyway. I hope that this can help you somewhat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts