Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I dunno..I've given up on Fifa's footie games. Fifa 2004 and 2005 were complete flops, so I might wanna pass on this

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yes, but this is EA-BIG. The guys behind SSX and NBA Street.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
:wub: I'm... just... speechless oO

I loved NBA Street, and as Chronno, i'll play soccer over just anything else anytime. I'm looking forward to this :thumb:

Aren't those on the screenies Ronnie and Becks? I bet they didn't get there playing for Madrid :rolleyes:

·
Registered
153 Posts
watched the trailer. as i thought - no ingame vids. just good marketing..
for realistic football never buy games from EA, no matter how good they look. the gameplay of newer games is fun for a week, but no more. for real simulation go with with Konami's Winning Eleven (8) or Pro Evolution Soccer (4) with their new online-gaming modes.

its because of EA's FIFA and Total Crap Manager, that my most favorite simulation Winning Eleven and my fav. manager Football Manager 2005 (from Sigames) don't have full licenses. screw them..

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I prefer PES over FIFA anyday, but this is FIFA Street. That means 3 on 3, relaxed rules games, lots of tricks and great fun. It's not gonna be soccer, but something related that's extremely fun... At least if they implement something of the kind of NBA Street.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Noob'Slayer said:
its going to be unrealistic (arcadish). lets wait and see ;)
So? That's exactly the point of the game. You won't play soccer, it's a 3 on 3 match, ya kno ;) . Believe me, if they don't screw it, and manage to make it as fun as NBA Street, it's gonna be great.

·
Registered
153 Posts
actually i was not talking about any 11vs11 or 3vs3 matches. i was meaning the gameplay, ballphysics, controls and such. trust me, they will screw it. typical: EA has lots of money for licences and graphics, but knows practically nothing about football..
just go to worldcybergames.com, register and watch some of this years fifa matches: more than 10 goals in most games. it looks more like a scripted pinball game.. sad but true, heh

ps: if it is not meant to be a football game as you say, then they should name it "pinball street arcade" or something like that

·
band
4,912 Posts
is NFS a bad game because they have unrealistic physics and handling? no, because that was not their aim to begin with. likewise with Fifa Street. try not to bring other EA games into this and let it skewer your opinion. seems like ur just another konami fan thats come to flame...

·
Registered
153 Posts
D.D. said:
is NFS a bad game because they have unrealistic physics and handling? no, because that was not their aim to begin with. likewise with Fifa Street. try not to bring other EA games into this and let it skewer your opinion. seems like ur just another konami fan thats come to flame...
hallo? what does it have to do with NFS?? comparing apple and orange is no use. different genres you know. i'm talking about FIFA. it has no decent ball-physics, gameplay literally sux and the game IS bad.

·
band
4,912 Posts
u complained about bad ball physics (
maybe its fun, but one thing i know for sure: its going to be unrealistic (arcadish).
if it is not meant to be a football game as you say, then they should name it "pinball street arcade" or something like that
)and unrealistic gameplay and i drew an analogy with NFS (and i cud also do so with a lot of other racing games out there). i then used this to support wut I-Chan had said : this game is not supposed to be realistic. if you fail to draw a relation between wut i said and how it relates to this topic as well as your posts, mebe u shud refrain from coming into a thread about "FIFA STREET" and bashing "FIFA 2xxx". if i may also add, they're two very different things (diff audience and developer) and it was pointless for you to spout useless criticism and attitude.

·
Registered
153 Posts
D.D. said:
this game is not supposed to be realistic
as i already told in my 2nd post: supposed or not, it will be unrealistic.
so i don't understand what you're trying to tell me.

ps: nba is far more realistic compared to fifa, because EA knows how basketball works but not football.

pps: FF is unrealistic too. will you be comparing it to fifa too? yep, the same goes for NFS. you cant compare 2 diffent genres. fifa should be compared with other footie games and not with NFS, FF or something else.

edit: anyway, NFS has a good gameplay - FIFA not. and thats the point. EA just cant handle football. the only other-genre game which is comparable to fifa is pinball :lol:

·
band
4,912 Posts
i was not comparing Fifa to NFS ... o boy.

i was saying that in terms of a driving game, NFS is obviously unrealistc compared to games like GT. Correct? (lets take some baby logic steps for now). People still consider NFS to be a driving game, correct? that is, it would not be defined or named something utterly unrelated, such as perhaps "bumber cars" (since u decided that Fifa should be "pinbal"). Now, let us also look at ANY genre. you will definitely see the same thing happening, with different games in the same genre being aimed at different people.

also, wut was the point in bringing up FF? perhaps ur flow of logic is skewerd by your fanboyism. let us look at too reviews from two different networks , namely ign, and gamespot.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/555/555911p4.html

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/fifasoccer2005/review.html

both gave Fifa 2005 a gameplay rating of 9/10. hmm...
realistic ball physics? check.

Note, i am note advocating Fifa 2xxx, i am simply telling you that your statement that "they should name it "pinball street arcade" or something like that" is simply irrational. the same with your argument that ea cannot "handle" football. EDIT: in fact, the only soccer games ive ever owned are PES4, but im thinking of giving FIFA 2005 at least a rent this year

point 2:

wut is the point of coming into a thread called "Fifa Street" and complaining that its unrelated brother "Fifa 2xxx" is unrealistic? The two are completely different. It wud be the same as saying street fighter or king of fighters " <enter ridiculous name here>" instead because they are unrealistic when compared to Virtua Fighter or *shock* REAL FIGHTING! perhaps...Capcom and SNK cannot handle making a fighting game then? The fact of the matter is, no one wud argue such a thing because it is illogical and pointless, much like your posts in this thread.

·
Registered
153 Posts
D.D. said:
i was not comparing Fifa to NFS ... o boy.
lol, why ya talking about NFS then? or you wanna discuss NFS realism too??

D.D. said:
i was saying that in terms of a driving game, NFS is obviously unrealistc compared to games like GT. Correct? (lets take some baby logic steps for now).
as i thought.. nfs realism. you like changing topics alot. the answer:
dunno. the last GT i played was GT2 on PSOne. and gameplay-wise it was as realistic as NFS: Porsche was.

D.D. said:
People still consider NFS to be a driving game, correct? that is, it would not be defined or named something utterly unrelated, such as perhaps "bumber cars" (since u decided that Fifa should be "pinbal"). Now, let us also look at ANY genre. you will definitely see the same thing happening, with different games in the same genre being aimed at different people.
NFS is a driving game. but that changes nothing on fact that EA cant make good footies. What "same thing" you're talkin bout?

D.D. said:
also, wut was the point in bringing up FF? perhaps ur flow of logic is skewerd by your fanboyism.
i see the whole stuff exactly from different angle. why ya suddenly talk of NFS? oouch, its also from EA. fanboy? guess so.

D.D. said:
let us look at too reviews from two different networks , namely ign, and gamespot.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/555/555911p4.html
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/fifasoccer2005/review.html

both gave Fifa 2005 a gameplay rating of 9/10. hmm...
realistic ball physics? check.
first of all 8.6/10 is not 9/10 at all.
8.6 was given because: it has full licenses of teams, players and stadions, graphics, so called "new features", which some footie games have since 1997.
8.6 was because it was a slight improvement over FIFA2004, which was even worse in term of gameplay.
8.6 was NOT given because of great gameplay.

now, watch the pic that i attached. FIFA2005
this is the proof that fifa makers don't watch real life football.
look at van nistelrooy, he's alone, all of his mates are waiting on the other side of the field! who's gonna shoot the ball if the keeper saves it and leaves it in the area??
i guess that penalty feature is for next year FiFA2006
next year... they'll bet their money on "penalty now comes with teammate participation". ROFL... this is just one of many many other bugs. so please don't get me started talking about about fifa ratings and how "good" it is..

btw, last years World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 International (9.1/10)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/worldsoccerwinningeleven7/index.html?q=winning+eleven+7
even better than the new fifa. so what will happen when the new, much better (it is) WE8:I comes out? 10/10?? serously, don't always trust online ratings

D.D. said:
Note, i am note advocating Fifa 2xxx, i am simply telling you that your statement that "they should name it "pinball street arcade" or something like that" is simply irrational. the same with your argument that ea cannot "handle" football. EDIT: in fact, the only soccer games ive ever owned are PES4, but im thinking of giving FIFA 2005 at least a rent this year.
ingame: the defender clears an opponents crossed ball with his head in the penalty area and the ball flies all the way to the middle of the field with bullet speed. only pinball has such high speed features with balls.
i told you, go to worldcybergames.com and watch the replay videos of fifa and see what a disgrace it is. more than 10 goals in most games, scripted gameplay - that is definately not football. well what its then? pinball..

D.D. said:
wut is the point of coming into a thread called "Fifa Street" and complaining that its unrelated brother "Fifa 2xxx" is unrealistic? The two are completely different. It wud be the same as saying street fighter or king of fighters " <enter ridiculous name here>" instead because they are unrealistic when compared to Virtua Fighter or *shock* REAL FIGHTING! perhaps...Capcom and SNK cannot handle making a fighting game then? The fact of the matter is, no one wud argue such a thing because it is illogical and pointless, much like your posts in this thread.
no, not completely different. both games are from EA. name me one good EA footie made since '99, c'mon.. it gets even worse with each year.

the same point of your mentioned games SF, VF, NFS, GT and FF is, that they have a good gameplay - but FIFA dont. watch the attachment and tell me if you need more :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
and just for your information, D.D., the developer team of FIFA street is "EA SPORTS", there is no team called EA BIG. EA SPORTS BIG is just a sub-project of EA SPORTS which is concentrating on xtreme games. and that means that it is MOST likely the FIFA developers will develop FIFA street, or at least take a "tiny" part in it, which is enough to screw the gameplay. facts are facts and that settles it. the discussion is over from my side

·
band
4,912 Posts
Just and example of your inadequacey:

first of all 8.6/10 is not 9/10 at all.
8.6 was given because: it has full licenses of teams, players and stadions, graphics, so called "new features", which some footie games have since 1997.
8.6 was because it was a slight improvement over FIFA2004, which was even worse in term of gameplay.
8.6 was NOT given because of great gameplay.
Noob'slayer, heres a hint : come back to this "discussion" after you learn how to read and think logically.

EDIT: since i have time, why not add another one:

as i thought.. nfs realism. you like changing topics alot.
like...wut???? since when was i NOT drawing a parallel with NFS's lack of realism

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
8.6 is 86 percent. Above 50 should be an OK game. Above 70 should be a good game. Above 80 should be a great game and above 90 should be a superb game.
You can't simply keep giving games in a series progresively higher scores, regardless of how they compare to each other. Scores are meant to reflect how good a game is at this point in time, compared to its peers. Quake 2 scored highly back in the day, but if it were re-reviewed today, it'd likely get at most a 70.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts