Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
Well. You have to take in consideration that in certain spots of the Earth there aren't great TVs. It would be wonderful if the whole world were rich and developed. Also it would be wonderful if the guys who lives in Mars were to come back down to Earth.

That's a sign that Square Enix still have respect for people who ownz the old tube. *chuckles*

Correction: You can actually find the last generation displays in such places, but they are so overpriced that it feels like you're paying a pure gold bar for a sick cow. Such is the way of economy. The lambs gets stepped on so that the royalty can live well and happy. :thumb: It's the same thing as 500 years ago, the only thing that changed are the rules. ;)

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
829 Posts
i have better stuff to spend incoming money on (bills, food, you know... THE ESSENTIALS) than a HDTV so it's good to see one developer think about SDTV's as well.

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you guys are missing the point here. :lol:

Point is... all 360 and PS3 games, regardless of how HD they can go, can always be played at SD resolutions, and will look very good with all of the bells and whistles intact, and plus it's SD so the blurriness helps with the details in some games, too.

They're just using that "built for SD" excuse to cover up for their incompetence at squeezing out more than that. Honestly, I'm really disappointed at S-E. First announcing that they were "successful" in squeezing out the PS3's hardware power to the fullest, but then this came along.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I think HDTVs haven't quite caught on in the US, heck I'm using an older than SDTV in the state, but I'm on cable so the mess of analogue to digital doesn't affect me. I think a lot of PS3 owners don't have HDTV, and a lot of gamers don't care about Blu Ray.

I'm just a gamer who likes playing games, although I like pretty graphics, they aren't a requirement.

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
I think HDTVs haven't quite caught on in the US, heck I'm using an older than SDTV in the state, but I'm on cable so the mess of analogue to digital doesn't affect me. I think a lot of PS3 owners don't have HDTV, and a lot of gamers don't care about Blu Ray.

I'm just a gamer who likes playing games, although I like pretty graphics, they aren't a requirement.
Heck yeah, you're totally right man. *Demi Fiend respect for Paratech grows 10 points* ;) :D

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I don't know! I thought I saw a TV there, but it must've been a trick of the eye... I only see a pair of pretty asians.

On topic:

I don't see why S-E did this. I don't know of anyone who owns a 360 or PS3 that doesn't have a HD capable TV...
Most Asian women are pretty, even this one, although she's an angry lesbian, so I can't see her hawking TVs...

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts

That's true, and I don't have a HDTV right now either, but in the case of the 360 I chose to connect it to the pc monitor rather than the "old" tv. Still trying to squeeze out all the pretty graphics I can get :p

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
That's true, and I don't have a HDTV right now either, but in the case of the 360 I chose to connect it to the pc monitor rather than the "old" tv. Still trying to squeeze out all the pretty graphics I can get :p
Damn, that's what I want to do if I get a 360 later this year...

Great minds think alike! :evil: :innocent:

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
It looks really good anyway. the 360 does the upscaling itself, and amazingly well at that.
Since the NXE update, it recognizes 16:10 monitors properly as well (resolutions such as 1680x1050 and 1920x1200).
Only thing is that on a 16:10 monitor, you'll have some small borders at the top and bottom of the screen because the 360 corrects the aspect for 16:9. Rather that than that it would stretch things out of proportion, though.
Also, I can rotate my monitor 90 degrees, looks beautiful with Ikaruga :)

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
It looks really good anyway. the 360 does the upscaling itself, and amazingly well at that.
Since the NXE update, it recognizes 16:10 monitors properly as well (resolutions such as 1680x1050 and 1920x1200).
Only thing is that on a 16:10 monitor, you'll have some small borders at the top and bottom of the screen because the 360 corrects the aspect for 16:9. Rather that than that it would stretch things out of proportion, though.
Also, I can rotate my monitor 90 degrees, looks beautiful with Ikaruga :)
How much is Ikaruga for the 360?

When I get a 360, I'll get that game.

Too bad Radiant Silvergun isn't available for the 360.

:evil:

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
800 ms points (XBLA game), just translate that to your currency ;)
I'm thinking of selling my DC original now...
Tell me how much you get for it! :evil:

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
...hopefully about as much as I paid for it... it usually doesn't go very cheap anyway.
If you EGAY 'er EBAY it, please PM me the link! I wanna watch it!

:innocent:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.