Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I've been playing Final Fantasy XII for nearly thirty hours so far and it has worked near-perfectly with the following config:

Graphics: GSdx 860m 0.1.11 (SSSE3)
Sound: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
Cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.6.0
Version: PCSX2 0.9.5 (VM Compiled)

However, recently I decided it might be interesting to try the save state/load state feature. The second I loaded a saved state, the whole game started slowing down. In an odd way, like everything is jerking back and forth between each animation (i.e. 01012323454567678989 etc.)
This happens seemingly randomly but frequently enough to be very annoying (pretty much unplayable).

I've tried deleting the sstate directory, and playing with the configs. But it can't be the configuration's fault, since it was working fine until I used saved states.

So, my question is: what does loading a saved state change in the program? What could that have done to cause this? I'm certain it wasn't a coincidence, so there has to be something -- a glitchy line of code it adds or something -- that's screwed something up.

(Edit: Nevermind, downloading version 0.9.6 of PCSX2 fixed the problem.)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
nothing, native saving and reloading won't fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.