Next Generation Emulation banner
101 - 120 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
This seems really helpful! Will investigate all in here.

One question. I've got a UK FFXII, is there any way of extracting the save game (this isn't a problem since I've now got a 60gb ps3) onto my PC and using it with a US copy of the game?

I run M33 PSP emu stuff and have often read that you could run save games through something that changes the game ids etc, so wondered if there was anything that would be applicable for PS2 saves.

All the tweaking looks quite intense! Guess best thing is to get stuck and emu away!

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a problem with controls i can move about fine is just that when i move the camera changes and i have to move a certain direction to get it back to normal, can som1 tell me what i can do to stop camera from changing, i use a normal controller not a ps2 or xbox just a cheap 1 i got its thristmaster dual analog 3 gamepad, please help its driving me nuts

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK!!!!!

First of all mu specs:
-Core Duo E6850 3.0GHz (not OC)
-Radeon Sapphire HD 3870 (DX10.1)
-2 GB ram DDR2 800 MHz
So it's quite new (and crysis works UAO! if you know what i mean...).

The game.

Using the last beta (0.9.5) with the files of the original 0.9.4.
Settings:
-GSdx SSE3 0.1.7
[windowed,PS 3.0, Interlacing None, D3D 1280*1024; NLOOP, Texture Filtering, Logarithmic Z, Alpha Corretcion checked]
-PEOpS SPU2 1.9.0
[Volume Loud, No reverb, Cubic Interpolation]
-Speed hacks
[EE/IOP Sync hack, Tighter SPU2 Sync checked]

About the sound no problem, unless the game slows down and the sound with it (ZEROspu gave me some problem, like jumps and robotic sounds).

The game goes pretty well some times, but other times it goes down to around 22 Fps (cut scenes, long views)and there are some annoying flickering textures.

Any suggestion to make the game travel always at 50-60 fps????

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
Lol, why does everyone compare this to Crysis, entirely different things.

OC your CPu some more and sure, speeds will improve.

MTGS and DC enabled in CPU options? Flickering textures usually can't be fixed though.

TighterSPu2 Sync slows things down, really. What game is it though? I mean, some games aren't optimized yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thnks about the tips, anyway i'm talking about FFXII.
There are any patches to improve the speed? i searched a little but found only for FFX.

ps: to OC the cpu dose have any side effects?? and do you konw how to do it???
pps: i'm thinking to make a double boot with Vista(64bit), do you think this would improve the game with pcsx2???

·
Registered
300 Posts
There are any patches to improve the speed? i searched a little but found only for FFX.
Patches do not usually improve speed, they are all about improving compatibility. And anyway, most of the time they are only video-skipping patches

ps: to OC the cpu dose have any side effects?? and do you konw how to do it???
Overclocking is a complex argument, you better search for some hardware-oriented forum and inform yourself before attempting it. It can damage hardware if you overclock too much or recklessly, so in case you want to do it, be sure to read the guides well. IF you do read guides and proceed cautiously it's quite safe anyway.

pps: i'm thinking to make a double boot with Vista(64bit), do you think this would improve the game with pcsx2???
Nope it will not, pcsx2 is not optimized in any way for 64bit.

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
Also, over-clocking voids ANY Warranty you have, so be careful of that too.

Hopefully in the future 64 bit will improve speeds massively, I mean look at the GameCube Emulator...has higher graphical ability and yet lower requirements at the same time, hopefully we can achieve that kind of thing here :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
In the forum i read about a lot of people, with almost the same specs of mine, having pcsx2 working better, and the only difference is that they use vista... So are they using vista 32 bit???
To OC do you know a good forum?

ps: è strano parlare englesse con un connazionale

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
Well, they are probably using DX10 mode, which is faster in some games, but it won't help you enough...there systems MUST be better than yours, or you're making a mistake about something.

EXTREME Overclocking Forums - Learn To Overclock Your PC Hardware

Is a good place to go, but like previous said, Voids Warranty, and is dangerous. Also, only English is allowed here :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
This one does not work because it does not have the memory attached. i know I tried it once but had problems finfing the directory because i have the OS not in English, I could'n find it. Could someone link me to the post where it is explained? Or tell me the route?

·
Space Monster
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
This hotfix may help you guys with ACPI problems on your laptop playing FFXII.

It is a must have file for XP Users.

WindowsXP-KB896256-v3-x86-ENU(Metroid).zip

The thread will be update soon with many things regarding FFXII on the new PCSX2 version(0.94) and how to play it using all the resoucres of your PC system, as for now I can say for sure Nvida chipset(LGA 775) is not recommended for PCSX2 users.

Metroid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My specification^__^
Intel core 2 duo 6850 (3Ghz)
DDR2 800Mhz Samsung 2048 Mb
GeForce 8800gtx 768Mb
Sata2 320Gb Samsung 7200 (NTFS)

I use pcsx2 0.9.5 302-329. Gsdx 1.8 sse3 + ZeroSPU2 1.4.5. The game work perfect! Use lastest version of pcsx.

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
1.8 is a SVN and you're not allowed to send it to each other, you must compile it yourself, not to mention it is pretty buggy, the general user should stick with 1.7

·
Registered
6 Posts
This hotfix may help you guys with ACPI problems on your laptop playing FFXII.

It is a must have file for XP Users.

WindowsXP-KB896256-v3-x86-ENU(Metroid).zip

The thread will be update soon with many things regarding FFXII on the new PCSX2 version(0.94) and how to play it using all the resoucres of your PC system, as for now I can say for sure Nvida chipset(LGA 775) is not recommended for PCSX2 users.

Metroid.
Nice one, looking forward to a run through on how to get this working!

101 - 120 of 346 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.