Next Generation Emulation banner
61 - 80 of 346 Posts

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
First of all sry for double post. It's something important, so FF XII players should know about this. Anyway, to the point:

I have just found a way how to speed up truly low-fps fights like the one with Gilgamesh. The method is:

1. Enable vu-skipping.
2. ENABLE BF and AA4x!!!

You think it would slow the whole game even worse, but NO! These settings should trigger the fps bug, which was mentioned in the first post.

The whole thing is to exploit the fps-bug to ur advantage. U will see fps counter jumping from 0 to high fps - even 8000fps <yes 8k, but not actual speed>. Also ps counter will jump from 0.0 to few thousands, but a lot faster than normal vu-skip-only method which i mentioned before. The real speed would be <at least on my rig> about 1/5 or 1/4 of full fps which is waaaay better than 2-3 fps, with normal settings.

Note: It's skippy like slideshow and some graphic glitches might occur when using this, but who cares? Sometimes it's even 5-8 times faster than 3 fps. Everything is better than it, right?

Note 2: for even better results, make a good gambits, so our heroes could get the low-fps-guys down almost w/o help:p

Note 3: As u can see in the attachement it's working lol, but Xk count u can get only while quickenings. While first part of second fight with Gilgamesh the highest was 500:p

Note 4: shot from 92.

·
Space Monster
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
First of all sry for double post. It's something important, so FF XII players should know about this. Anyway, to the point:

I have just found a way how to speed up truly low-fps fights like the one with Gilgamesh. The method is:

1. Enable vu-skipping.
2. ENABLE BF and AA4x!!!

You think it would slow the whole game even worse, but NO! This settings will unleash the fps bug, which was mentioned in the first post.

The whole thing is to exploit the fps-bug to ur advantage. U will see fps counter jumping from 0 to high fps - even 8000fps <yes 8k, but not actual speed>. Also ps counter will jump from 0.0 to few thousands, but a lot faster than normal vu-skip-only method which i mentioned before. The real speed would be <at least on my rig> about 1/5 or 1/4 of full fps which is waaaay better than 2-3 fps, with normal settings.

Note: It's skippy like slideshow and some graphic glitches might occur when using this, but who cares? Sometimes it's even 5-8 times faster than 3 fps. Everything is better than it, right?

Note 2: for even better results, make a good gambits, so our heroes could get the low-fps-guys down almost w/o help:p

I will try it and let you know later.

Thanks,

Metroid.

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Gilgamesh with 'vu-skip-aa4x-bf method': <:p>

1st fight ~ 25 min
2nd ~ 1h 30min

3 55lvl chars: 1 tank <goddess Ashe with berserk and bravery and all defensive status spells on her with genji gloves and zomg 5 hits x 5k at one time - i'm lovin' her>, 2 supporters <Vaan and Fran>, gambitted to the max:p ; 2 Deathbringers and Yoichi bow.

And yeah, the dog in the second fight was baaad mf...

Note: take a look at the shot in my previous post:p

Note 2: Masamune rulz! But it's lil' too short...:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sound and Graphic Glitches

Hey Guys,

I have tried to play FF12 on 9.2, but from the begining my sound starts skipping. When the game starts its like watching an Old movie from Asain Theater. You when the mouth is still talking even after the sound is finished :) From there at the start of a new game I get wierd Shapes and Colors showing up. AA tends to just make line on the screen. My system should run this game, but tends to crash right in the begining.

System Specs
P5n32-E Sli
E6750 @ 3.0 Ghz
2ghz of Ram
8800Gts 640 Mb

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
When the crash occurs - simply disable MTGS and load savestate which was right before that moment. There r some sound probs with movies and CGs, but there is nothing u can do about them <but if the sound issues occur while normal gameplay save game <at crystal>, close emu, then load it again>. Almost all the probs and sollutions for them have been mentioned before, so read EVERYTHING in this thread.

Note: ifurkend, aww cute pic of her:p

Note 2: if u want to end this game with PCSX2, use savestates often. Also when AA gives u crap on the screen, simply don't use it.

Note 3: hehe the thread will hit 6k views very soon:p

·
Space Monster
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Gilgamesh with 'vu-skip-aa4x-bf method': <:p>

1st fight ~ 25 min
2nd ~ 1h 30min

3 55lvl chars: 1 tank <goddess Ashe with berserk and bravery and all defensive status spells on her with genji gloves and zomg 5 hits x 5k at one time - i'm lovin' her>, 2 supporters <Vaan and Fran>, gambitted to the max:p ; 2 Deathbringers and Yoichi bow.

And yeah, the dog in the second fight was baaad mf...

Note: take a look at the shot in my previous post:p

Note 2: Masamune rulz! But it's lil' too short...:p

I tested it and it worked flawless, good job :thumb:. I added your methods and others thoughts to the main page.

If anybody has any tricks or methods feel free to share with us. This will be highly welcome to our thread and it will be placed at the main page. Please note only official versions will be posted and offered support.

Thanks,

Metroid.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi, Metroid. First of all, man you are FORMIDABLE. You proved that an "ingame" game can be finished anyway! According to the compatibility list, the only playable FFXII version is the Japanese one even in 0.9.4, and you finished the US one! You gave me hopes for also trying this wonderful game, although right now I'm in FFX.

But then , I have a little doubt. I understood from the compatibility list that "ingame" meant that you could begin a new game but you couldn't reach the end. Has "ingame" just aquired a new meaning? Or has it always meant that you could finish the game but with a LOT of patience and hard work? Because if so, I would like to try God of War when 0.9.4 is released! According to the guide, the US version of this game (a great game, btw) is "ingame".

My specs:
Laptop Dell Inspiron 1520
Windows Vista Home Basic
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz per core
2 Gb RAM DDR2
Nvidia GeForce GT 8600 256 Mb
160 Gb SATA HD

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
In most cases 'ingame' means u can see lil' of something, then bummer, crap, wall, crash. FF XII is stated as ingame mostly 'cause unstable MTGS, plus some graphic bugs like invisible texts. <but with this guide u can get rid of the probs>

Note: TY metroid:p

Note 2: hehe we know about red one, and won't do it again:p

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Alright, time for a stupid question :

Is the game only playable with a gamepad or ps2-controller? Right at the start of the game, the tutorial ask me to use the left and right analog, and I can't seem to use the ''analog'' option in the controller configuration to help in any way.

If it only works with a ps2 controller, I suppose I'll have to wait until I get it back =(.

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
If u have probs , use other pad plugin like lilypad <downloads->plugins at the main site>. But if u r using normal gamepad with 2 analog sticks <like me> there should be no problem with configuring the SSSPSX plugin. See attachment:

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Actually what I wanted to know was if the game could only be played with a gamepad, or if I could play it with a keyboard ;) the only pad I could use at the moment would be the PS2 one, except I don't have it with me atm.

Edit : Playing around with the Lily plugin, works awesome, thanks alot!

·
Registered
4 Posts
black screen

Greetings all, just joined the forums :)

Here is my system config:Amd64 3500+ 2gb ram, geforge 7800 winXPsp2

Ok here is my problem: the fps count on the animation seems ok (around 80-100), but they are extremely glitchy, and sound skips in a weird way.

I managed to get to the end of the starting scene were the guy with you comments on your age then kicks ass - as soon as the scene ends the sound plays normally, but i get a blank screen (I dont think this is a crash exactly since in game pause seems to work and i can hear stuff if i press buttons)

I tried tweaking with almost all options, and tried both versions of the emulator (memory wise)

I am using SCPH-70012_BIOS_USA_200 BIos, with the US version of the game.

Any guidance would be appreciated

p.s its kinda crappy cause i do own a ps2, (bought it as soon as it came out) but I am having problems running games with it (have to try 8 times for some games to work- maybe cause the machine got old-, kinda weird considering my NES still runs ^^)

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Hmm, I'm not sure what is happening, but at the start of the game, after the first fight against a few random soldiers and a mechanical flying thingie, the characters enter some kind of palace, walk a little in a hallway, talk a little ''Don't talk of him like that, he laughed in the face of death too many timeblabla (or something like that)'', after that they seem to hear something in the distance, and run away... Except the camera simply stay fixed toward the hallway and... Nothing happen.

I wait and wait, but the camera simply stay fixated toward the hallway =/ any idea what to do? I tried using my savestates from before the characters went inside, tried disabling MGTS, Dualcore, ect, but other than my FPS dropping to around 30fps, there isnt anything different. =/

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
thelveres - ur prob might be the same as Thanakil's. Try the trick which was mentioned by ifurkend. If the screen freezes <or is black/white> look at ps counter. If it's 0.0 or it has constatntly low number like only few hundreds or even lower - it's the crash. Soft one, but crash. Hmm... ur athlon 64 3500+ is a single core, so make sure u have disabled MTGS and DC.

Note: in Eng version it's start+X

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok here is what happens: in the scene you can see soldiers running towards the building then the camera focuses on your character it fades out, (during this time ps goes to the thousands 8-12k, then to 0) and the game freezes after the screen has faded to black.

i tried using that key combo but it wont work.

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Here's one of my hints for a speedboost in this game for NVIDIA gfx users, grab the latest beta ForceWare 163.67. Latest WHQL driver for example gets a memory leak or how you should say it and stresses down your GPU like mad for no reason. 163.44 beta also worked fine but seems 163.67 is even a bit faster and has fixed the slowdown issues especially with 8800GTS cards in pc games.

Also another interesting thing I found out (don't know if it's driver version related or not) but fullscreen runs slower than windowed mode. Even using same resolution. I tried using 1280x960 and window mode and in window mode the fps was 83-85 FPS in the starting position after have choosed new game. Going full screen FPS went to 63-65 FPS. Also tried with 640x480 res with same result, 83-85 fps in windowed mode, 63-65 fps fullscreen. (However my desktop res is set to 1280x960 so I should try with 800x600 and see if fullscreen mode runs faster then which it might do. But it would be best to run 1280x960 windowed mode than fullscreen anyways.

EDIT: Changing desktop resolution to 800x600 didn't change anything still 63-65 in fullscreen mode and 83-85 fps in windowed. So it seems windowed mode runs faster and changing desktop resolution won't either affect the fullscreen fps rate you get either so running windowed mode is best for now in this game.

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Yep shadow sh.. in some places is normal <but in the whole game i've got 2 or 3 places with crappy shadows, and i have almost 80h on the counter, so it's not big prob; bigger one is some dungeons at the beginning where u have to fix the lights - w/o 'em whole area is one big piece of graphic glitch:p>

It's not a combo - first start, then u will see pause menu in CG or X skip button on the left in the movie. And that's the time u hit X. If u still have probs with it, just get to this place from the beginning <New Game of course>. If it won't help - attach some shots from the place of crash - few should do fine. Make 'em in windowed mode so we can see the ps counter - with that stuff i can make picture guide for u in the next post.

Note: RPGW1ZaRD best way of using windowed mode is this - especially in FF XII to have ps counter on eye - just maximize the PCSX2 window to stretch it on the whole screen <see attachement>:

Note 2 <offtop>: zomg i can't take it, she's just cute, and she rules with masamune hehe <offtop end:p>

61 - 80 of 346 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.