Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 60 of 346 Posts

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
One more thing that might come in handy <not mentioned in the guide at the beginning>:

If emu crashes in the end of the fmv or drops you to the intro or just stays black because of MTGS on - simply skip it <start + cross>. While FMVs usually there is no need to turn it off. The best way to use it is to make savestate at the beginning of every FMV and if it crashes in the end just load savestate and skip the fmv. Turning MTGS on and off all the time is extremely annoing... Watching FMVs with almost half lower fps because of MTGS off also... Hope you will see it useful.

·
Space Monster
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
One more thing that might come in handy <not mentioned in the guide at the beginning>:

If emu crashes in the end of the fmv or drops you to the intro or just stays black because of MTGS on - simply skip it <start + cross>. While FMVs usually there is no need to turn it off. The best way to use it is to make savestate at the beginning of every FMV and if it crashes in the end just load savestate and skip the fmv. Turning MTGS on and off all the time is extremely annoing... Watching FMVs with almost half lower fps because of MTGS off also... Hope you will see it useful.
Well skip FMV's is a good thing to do for people that are getting problems and I had not mentioned it at the beginning because I had not had any problems with FMv's with MTGS on or off. I'm not sure but it may be drivers issues regarding FMV's. So make sure to change or try different drivers out if you are getting problems with FMV's and have to skip it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pre-rendered FMV is full of static in both video and audio. The subtitle and dialog occasionally invisible. These are happening in both 092 and 093 with same plugin configuration. (sorry I don't quite get it about the 11th fishing guide to make the text visible. Also I never play the fishing game of FF12...) Skipping doesn't matter, some players uploaded the cutscene video clips to Youtube.com and they're available all the time. The major displeasure is the sudden state corruption after passing certain point of, such as battle or event scene... Sometime I need to switch the MTSC-DC. After using 093 and encountering the same trouble, switching to 092 does help to pass the glitch spot. Still it's nice I can play FF12 in PC without having some critically insolvable problem.

P.S. FF12 International only option 4X acceleration is kind of frame skipping-based, while enabled (pressing the L1 once), BF and 4X AA have no impact at the sensible framerate (though it displays around 25 fps, considerably low.)

·
Space Monster
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Sorry I don't quite get it about the 11th fishing guide to make the text visible. Also I never play the fish game of FF12.
Before you get there you need to make a sidequest, to make the sidequest you need to be almost at the end of the game.

The fishing game itself becomes available after you visit Draklor Laboratory. However, you must have done the Cactuar Family side quest as well. It cannot be completed however, until you finish both the Patient in the Desert side quest for the Barheim passage key, and defeat Gilgamesh.

Once the Fishing mini-game began, you can only fish in the Lower Reaches fishing spot. However, you can unlock more fishing spots when get to certain requirements.

Master Den: Fish up Cactoid Crest to go to Secret Reaches.
Middle Reaches: Get 5 perfect fishing in the Lower Reaches.
Secret Reaches: Fish up Cactoid Bond in the Upper Reaches with Matamune
Taikou Chest (treasure) Get 9 perfect fishing in the Master Den.
Upper Reaches: Get 5 perfect fishing in the Middle Reaches.

So try it, saving your state pressing F1 before making the next perfect fishing commands, if you load your saved state with F3, you will be able to see the commands below, keep loading until you memorize all the commands.

I hope this helps,

Metroid

·
Registered
45 Posts
And last thing: the invisible dialogs when u can't move ur analog to see them <or it doesn't work> try the trick with savestates like in the fish game <11th point of guide>. It also works with movies when sound is crap and there r no dialogs under them.
Sssssssssssssssss...yes, the text sparks once in the blink of an eye after loaded the state... The menu and the treasure chest retrieval msg.

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Time to dig up the thread. I've made some comparison shots. 0.9.3 win is not working good for everybody in this game like for ifurkend or the guy before pawnz in http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-official-forum/93223-pcsx2-future-only-linux.html Maybe because of bad compilation <i'm using the exe of 0.9.3 win vm build which weights 2 281 472 bytes> or different version of game <shots r taken from Euro PAL SLES 54354>. So it won't hurt you if you try. Just take a look - u have nothing to lose and much to gain. Maybe later i'll make some more shots.

Note: black screen after movies has nothing to do with the drivers. Tried 93.71, 94.20 and 163.44<best performance on these>. It's the 0.9.3win itself. But skipping near the end <when screen is fading black> does the trick well. Even in black screen after fmv i can load savestate from the fmv and simply skip it.

Note 2: ingame CG's works well - in 99% of 'em - no crashes because of MTGS on.

Note 3: accepting the hunt works well for me both in 0.9.2 and 0.9.3win with MTGS on, except for graphic glitches in 0.9.2, of course:p

Note 4 off-top: 1st shot rulz

Note 5 off-top baaad: for devs: 'Keep On Rockin' In'

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rainbow, I have found a quite extraordinarily 093-invisible-text-solution. That's how I figure it out: to reach a battle which restores the text visibility, the first time I discovered it was the battle with Belias in Trial Mode stage 10. And then I pressed START+square button to return to the title screen and load the desired game progress from memory card, the originally invisible text became visible now. I don't know how it works and if it will return to invisible again. But it's safe to say that save/load state will not reset the text visibility.

After that I did another experiment to reload the state with invisible-text and summon any Esper. The result is the same, the full-screen blur does restore the text visibility...

The CG scene is still full of static, guess this is purely because of my CPU speed.

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Time for heavy cannons. Previous shots showed mainly menus-related graphic glitches. Take a look at the part the tigers like the most...

Note: Hey, I won't deny that 0.9.3 win has graphic glitches too, but u have to admit it looks a lot better. <don't have to add that plugins and setup r the same>

Note 2: Added 4 shots to my previous reply - limits...:p

Note 3: Last shot is 'the one and only glitch' of 0.9.3 win - white/black screen at the end of fmv. But as u can see i can still choose savestate to load to the beginning of it and skip it. <can't get the main window of 0.9.3 in this moment, because emu crashes then>

Note 4: Performance in 0.9.3 in 'heavy graphical moments' is better than 0.9.2 <at least on my rig>. For example when fighting a boss-wall-coming-at-you in tombs i got full speed with 0.9.3 win with BF on, while on 0.9.2 i had to disable it 'cause fps were like 35-45.

Note 5: ...plus it was a torment for me to look at my goddess Ashe <:p> with more glitches than in 0.9.2.

Note 6: The greatest improvement is vaan's pyroclasm - in 0.9.2 it was white for the whole animation, and in 0.9.3 win it looks almost flawless.

Note 7: Lil' off-top: it's also a prove for a people w/o faith <lol> like in last posts from this thread: http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-official-forum/93223-pcsx2-future-only-linux.html

Note 8: Please remember i'm not looking for support for this version, and i think i'm not breaking the rules about not-urs releases. I'm only FF maniac, who would like to help others get better quality/compatibility/performance in this great game. Thank u.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
rainbow said:
Hey, I won't deny that 0.9.3 win has graphic glitches too, but u have to admit it looks a lot better.
Unofficial builds are not supported on this forum in any fashion. That goes for screenshots, support and discussion. Your shots which contained images made using the build have been removed, and next time I see discussion of it in any way, it will result in you being warned.

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Alright, sorry if its really that bad. <bowing at u> But hey if it works better... well whatever <another bow>.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
rainbow said:
Allright, sorry if its really that bad. <bowing at u> But hey if it works better... well whatever <another bow>.
Consider that if someone else on here sees them and starts asking how you got it and can they get it too. All of a sudden, the thread becomes a runaway train of beta beggers.;)

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
I'm always saying 'google is ur friend if u r looking for unofficial/any stuff', but i get ur point of view. But aww, these shots were really nice... alright, right. <bow almost to the floor>

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry, General Plot. Knowing 094 will be built for both Linux and Windows. I think I will stop talking about 093win for now.

edit: added two screenshots of Gilgamesh quest. (captured from 092, of course.) Notice the framerate, you can beat it, swallowing the tedious battle speed. Never count how much time I spent on this battle, but I guess it's almost the same as Metroid, nearly 5 hours. In International, The reward weapon has changed because you can loot the Masamune from treasure chest earlier without fighting any boss in the mine. The new reward is ..................................................................................

Excali--------------------------Pur!

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Nice work ifurkend. But have u tried vu-skipping in cases like this one? It really gives a boost - u will see jumping fps like 12-125, with ps counter from 0.0 to few thousands - for me its 3~4 times faster, so its worth a try. U won't get 100% speed of course but about 20-40%, when normal its 10 or less in such a case. Quckenings with vu-skipping also work faster in such cases.

I have a question for u ifurkend: Does the Zodiac Job version have english language except of japanese in it? Or is there any english release? <Off-top: One day i would like to start learning japanese, but i've decided to first polish my english, 'cause the best stuff for learning it, is in english and, in my own language, there is only crap. And i don't want to learn something w/o knowledge if i'm doing it good or bad.>

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have tried the VU-skipping, no good. I think frame-skipping is a bad idea in such action-driven game. You can't be incaution to read the enemy action information during the boss fight which may lead to a fatal end. Since knowing what action the enemy will take in the next step is important for player to change the equipment IMMEDIATELY, frame-skipping will draw the time out.

Excalipur (aka Fake Excalibur...)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a question for u ifurkend: Does the Zodiac Job version have english language except of japanese in it? Or is there any english release? <Off-top: One day i would like to start learning japanese, but i've decided to first polish my english, 'cause the best stuff for learning it, is in english and, in my own language, there is only crap. And i don't want to learn something w/o knowledge if i'm doing it good or bad.>
I'm sorry there's no official English release of the International version... Only the voice clips reuse the English ones but the whole text content is completely in Japanese. I'm Chinese and know some kana so I'm able to play the game with the walkthrough provided in FFSKY.com . International changes alot. The critical one is the HP-dealing action now can pass the 9999 limit without any condition...

off-topic: The International version sells pretty bad in Japan so I guess the chance of foreign language release is slim...

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Hmm so i'll look for unofficial language patches for it. <heh a patch for PS2 game... it sounds like lol, eh:p> Anyway, thx for info.

Note: of course i'm not talking about .pnach-ing it.

Note 2: there is no eng-patch for it - at least for now

41 - 60 of 346 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.